1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

One of the most annoying things in Civ 3

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by del62, Oct 22, 2010.

1. del62

del62 Deity

is that when you liberate a city the citizens blame you for the oppression from the previous regime.

Thats why we liberated them from the AI, to get rid of their previous fascist or communist masters, they should be extra happy

2. invector

invector Warlord

It doesn't work that way though. Right now, the most unstable country is probably Serbia, but if a country(say, US) conquered Serbia, the citizens will still be riotic.

If they wanted to join you in the first place, you would have taken the city (flip).

3. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

I just figure that they're suspicious of any government after they've been oppressed by one state.

4. Xong

Xong Chieftain

I guess this isnt restricted to CivIII alone.

-When obsolete units kill advanced ones.

5. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

@ Invector - I already learnt from another of your posts that your views on historic facts are flawed.

But since for once this is not a political discussion site, and in addition you cannot seriously believe that Serbia is the most unstable country in the world, i would really ask you to add to your post that you were using EXAMPLE COUNTRY NAMES here, like you did add this for the U.S..

templar_x

6. SKS

SKS Chieftain

Um, Serbia would still be "happier". Look at Haiti. There's talk on the streets for Americans to just come down and buy all of the damn country so things will be better.

...and you know what's REALLY annoying? The WWII pacific theater campaign. You're Chinese and all of Nanking HATES you.
    BS.

7. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

I hate that you can't actually DO the Doolittle raids in the WWII Pacific theater campaign.

I also hate that there's no way to get the Japanese carriers to Rabaul in January.

8. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

Which is funny, given that in the standard game you CAN load a carrier with bombers and use them to attack rival cities. They also don't have to crash-land in China. ;)