1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

One-Sided Embargo, Tourism, Tenets and Reformation

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Cyde042, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Cyde042

Cyde042 Chieftain

One-Sided Embargo's are exactly what they imply. You are able to control what Civs can have trade routes with you.

This ability could be unlocked at Currency in the Classical Era so you won't be able to screw up the others early game or vice-a-versa. If you won't allow a specific Civ to establish trade routes to your city, you will face a diplomatic penalty.

Why this could be a good addition? Well, trade routes give a bonus to tourism(25%, does it change based on number of trade routes established or if both sides have trade routes to the other civ though?) and is one of the few tourism-boosting action that the player doesn't have control over (besides great works if I'm not wrong).

More so, it can affect other Civs to have a revolution and change Ideology, not a desirable thing if you want to worsen your relations with a specific Civ, or want to them to build the Ideology-locked wonders.

Tourism isn't always a desirable yield. Great Works, Themed buildings produce it and you have no control over it. One way to go about it is to add an event that could remove the tourism bonus from the slots of the buildings and change it to gold instead, proportional to the number of slots. It could be viewed as restricting entry to foreigners by raising the entry fee or whatever.

On a side note, can you sell the free hotels given by events?

Lastly, is it possible to add more tenets to ideologies and more reformation beliefs? There are so many things that could be added for a more flexible play-style.

2. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

I think the current politic is "not adding anything which require AI training".
    So I think it will not be added.

Moreover, I don't really like the idea :
    +There is already a way of forbiding trade routes : WAR.
    +Trade route are so important for cultural victory that it could make almost impossible peacefull cultural victory
    (not only trade routes boost toursim, but it also gives a lot of instant tourism at each trade-route completion (if you have the good building, I think it's the caravansary))

3. BenchBreaker

BenchBreaker Warlord

what about make denouncing more meaningful, make it so that you can't trade with denounced nations

4. Cyde042

Cyde042 Chieftain

Now that's an easy alternative that doesn't require AI training! :goodjob:

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Yes it does. That's a huge rule change.

G

6. Cyde042

Cyde042 Chieftain

Oh. You mean that the AI would have to compare between losing trade-routes and keeping them? In that case, yeah it would.

I thought of just simply adding embargo's to denouncing without considering how important the trade routes are to the AI.

What about tenets and reformation beliefs? It is possible to add more or are they hard-coded?

And at what point in the future development of CBP will AI coding resume?

7. Gazebo

I'm not sure what you're referring to on the latter point (AI coding). We're constantly working on the AI. Features-wise, though, the CPP is 'complete'. Anything added at this point will be bugfixes or adjustments to existing behavior.

Reformations and tenets are based in XML, and can be added/removed.

G

8. Cyde042

Cyde042 Chieftain

I mean you said that the AI is in a competent state and you don't want to yet undertake new additions to it.

Any plans to add more tenets and reformation beliefs?

Maybe the dev team should agree upon a roadmap concerning planned additions to CBP?

9. Gazebo

Right, we're not adding any new features to the DLL, including AI features.

No, no plans for more tenets or reformations.

The CBP has met all of its feature plans at this point. The current roadmap is bugfix, optimization, balance, and QoL improvements.

G

10. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

What is QoL?

11. Gazebo

12. Funak

Funak Deity

I don't think I understand this properly, are you asking if you can make this as a mod mod, or are you telling Gazebo to add it to the base mod?

13. Cyde042

Cyde042 Chieftain

I wouldn't post here suggestions asking for separate mods.

While I know realize my suggestion of captured workers being able to build other unique improvements was too extreme, I don't think this one is.

Do you have an opinion on my suggestion?

14. Funak

Funak Deity

You misunderstand me, I was asking if you were planning to make it yourself or if you're asking Gazebo to do it.

15. Cyde042

Cyde042 Chieftain

I proposed it being added to CBP. I haven't tried modding Civ 5.