One small step for man, one giant leap backwards for mankind

I can't even begin to explain how ridiculous I think that comparison is. By the way, when I said "here", I meant Earth, as opposed to outer space.

Look man, NASA got a $17.8 billion budget in 2008. Lately it seems to me that their main thing is to send robots to Mars in order to find out what's on the surface of Mars. These robots putter around taking pictures and doing soil samples and such until they conk out. And then they just leave them there. All that money's really gone. Meanwhile, I already know what's on the surface of Mars; a bunch of broken down NASA robots.

But think about how much those NASA robots will go for on E-bay when we go and get them back. We'll get our money back eventually and maybe come out ahead.

I'm sure satellites don't do him any good. The sheer number of advances made in miniaturization and lightweight materials alone, is staggering. The integrated circuit came about partially because of the space program. Modern day batteries and water purification systems? Those are useless, right? Kidney dialysis machines? Pffft, no one benefits from those, right? :crazyeye:

And while you joke about microwaveable food, the creation and storage of food has been completely changed around world because of the space program.

Errr, I was making the point that he probably DID use very noticeable space exploration inventions in his daily life. In a sarcastic sort of way.

I'm of the firm opinion the space program and the things we've had to come up with to make it successful have enormously changed a lot of things for all of us.

:p

So the Soviets and Russians perpetuate the lie in order to not go to war with the US?
The reason Russian didn't could very well be because they themselves didn't go to the moon so had no 'sound' proof that the Americans didn't, they didn't however say that the radiation shielding of the day(American and Russian) could not make it past the Van Allen radiation belt...
And you just outlined all the reasons the government wouldn't lie. If they did, odds would be that a major news network would blow the whistle, not a bunch of greasy nerds in their mom's apartment who want to make themselves feel better after being rejected for the umpteenth time (not calling you one of those, BTW)
And just what news network would do that? A european one? Americans allies... A American or Canadian one? HA! South American or African? lol! Asian? Right..........
Russian maybe? Yeah, noooo...

This how we can tell we want to the moon:

Did the Russians have a field day making fun of the Americans when they discovered the fact that it was all a lie? Answer no, something your worst enemy in the world would do.

Crazy conspiracy theory - no offense to the OP but that link was pretty rubbish and certainly not scientific or professional (To paraphrase some points: "I think the shadows in this photo don't look right, therefore it's not the moon"-looked fine to me). I guess the first question for any "theory" like this one is what are they actually proposing happened? (Many conspiracy theorists simply say the "official" version is false, with no other explanation). In this case it appears the claim is being made that all the apollo missions did go into space but just orbited the Earth or something (and I'm not even going to begin to debate someone who says they never even launched into space...).

So, this is where the point has to be made, upon which the theory collapses, that there are thousands of independently confirming people who would all have to be "in" on the conspiracy if all the astronauts did was orbit the earth. Not only NASA and the US but I'm sure lots of other countries like Russia were be tracking the mission the whole time; plus actual radio signals and such that were broadcast. It would be incredibly obvious if all they had done was orbit the Earth - so, yes, you have to give a reason why Russia and any other country or agency would simply keep quiet and uphold the conspiracy if there was any shred of real evidence for this (not to mention every scientist/worker at NASA, for instance, already being in on it).

Not to say that many of the other points the guy makes aren't wrong (his idea of "faking" moon rocks by "putting them in a vacuum," not a geologist here but I know that's stupid) but I'm not an expert in everything to debate and there are plenty of accurate, scientific sources about the Apollo missions to read up on. This guy again suffers from horrible quote mining - like saying Von Braun, back in the 1950s, wasn't sure going to the moon was possible (space programs obviously advance, just like all other science - that's like saying "Isaac Newton wouldn't believe people could fly, therefore planes aren't real" our technological prowess changes over time.)

Finally, please note that I know this is just a discussion and I don't know your views - I'm not trying to be hostile to you but if anyone people like that guy who runs that website for spreading nonsense in the first place.

Ah, the "moon hoax" again. The proof, that there is no limit to human stupidity. Even a YEC has more scientific understanding than a moon truther.

"...but, but, why aren't there any stars in the images?"

The real question is:

Would it make a real difference whether they went to the moon or not?

Try not to use Russia as an answer.

The reason Russian didn't could very well be because they themselves didn't go to the moon so had no 'sound' proof that the Americans didn't, they didn't however say that the radiation shielding of the day(American and Russian) could not make it past the Van Allen radiation belt...

Radiation was not a significant problem. There was very little of it, and the astronauts spent too little time in space to suffer from it. The spacecraft itself effectively shielded the astronauts from what radiation there was.

The real question is:

Try not to use Russia as an answer.

You probably wouldn't have typed that message at all had the Apollo program never existed. Due to the need for light weight, compact computing power in the spacecraft and landing modules, the Apollo Program advanced and developed early microchips. So say goodbye to your PC or at least in the form and power you know it. Probably no internet yet either in November 08. That's just one thing but I'm sure there are many others. So yeah big difference I'd say.

You probably wouldn't have typed that message at all had the Apollo program never existed. Due to the need for light weight, compact computing power in the spacecraft and landing modules, the Apollo Program advanced and developed early microchips. So say goodbye to your PC or at least in the form and power you know it. Probably no internet yet either in November 08. That's just one thing but I'm sure there are many others. So yeah big difference I'd say.

Give credit to Al Gore when credit is due. :mad:

And don't forget that we wouldn't have photo shop since NASA developed advanced photo shop technology to fake the moon landings.

And don't forget that we wouldn't have photo shop since NASA developed advanced photo shop technology to fake the moon landings.

Nope a hair fell on to the film when they made the picture.

The trip to the moon was a symptom. Space exploration is the source.

Need we bust out a list of inventions, innovations and chemical/material creations resulting from the space program?

Anyway, if the moon landing was fake, then the US govt is about a trillion times more competant than I ever imagined.

We're talking about a government that cannot keep things like whores visiting the whitehouse (marilyn), the married president putting cigars into an intern's vagina (lewy) and (most recently) the secret service radio code words for the president elect and his family... secret. Hell, there was even a pimp for gay men busted (back me up here, JR).

Sandy Berger gets busted for stealing and destroying national archives (that would have damned Clinton I), Scooter gets in trouble (any guy named scooter should never be in trouble) and if Palin has an off-smelling fart then CNN runs a special edition.

But we are to believe that a thousand whistle blowers have kept quiet? That the technology of the stone age (my laptop has more computational power than any Apollo) could fool investigators of today??

I like that the Russians monitored the transmission directly from the Moon (thanks, whoever posted that). That's a nice point and pretty much ends it (except, of course, for Masonic Russian Illuminati who were in Skull and Bones).

Originally posted in some wacko forum, by some wacko

Yes, the moon landing was probably fake but that doesn't matter. You are wasting our time with this. That 911 was perpetrated by the US government is WAY more important than the faked moon landing and you people need to quit with that irrelevant crap and get with the important stuff already.

The above was not a joke. It was that poster's opinion. I weep for the future.

Anyway, if the moon landing was fake, then the US govt is about a trillion times more competant than I ever imagined.

You forgot the whole thing about not being to cover up Watergate too.

the secret service radio code words are for the president elect and his family secret.
I believe they released that info themselves, at least for Obama.

That's a nice point and pretty much ends it (except, of course, for Masonic Russian Illuminati who were in Skull and Bones).

Also you forgot that they all want to Yale.

That point about hundreds of people all keeping the quite. You wouldn't need to keep a lot of people quite
The people in the command center of NASA were all watching on monitors just like the rest of us. The only ones they would really need to keep quite are the astronauts which would not be hard, they like the glory, throw a little money into it and they wouldn't talk till the stars fall out of the sky. The American government is a whole lot more competent than people think. I.e.: If I looked like a really, really thin and weak man, but was really a really powerful and strong man, and your car one day ended up on the roof of your house (After you made me really, really mad) there would be no way in hack you would think it was me. Bad example but still...

Yep. If it was faked then it's about 100 times a greater accomplishment than actually going to the moon and is probably the most significant event in history. If so then kudos to the New World Order. Well done, well done.

And to think that only the Moon hoax truthers were smart and wise enough to get to the bottom of it. Kudos to them as well.

The Moon hoax truthers must be the most brilliant and intelligent human beings that Earth has ever produced by far.

Bravo.

Give em a hand people.

That point about hundreds of people all keeping the quite. You wouldn't need to keep a lot of people quite
The people in the command center of NASA were all watching on monitors just like the rest of us. The only ones they would really need to keep quite are the astronauts which would not be hard, they like the glory, throw a little money into it and they wouldn't talk till the stars fall out of the sky. The American government is a whole lot more competent than people think. I.e.: If I looked like a really, really thin and weak man, but was really a really powerful and strong man, and your car one day ended up on the roof of your house (After you made me really, really mad) there would be no way in hack you would think it was me. Bad example but still...

What about the film crew or the guys who built the stage or Russians and the rest of the world tracking this whole thing, how did America keep all of them quiet? Also remember this the same (okay it was LBJ but you know what I mean) government that couldn't keep Watergate quiet, how are they going to keep this underwraps, when they couldn't cover-up a little break-in?

Thats right they couldn't.

How damaging is Watergate? I'm sorry, are we in another cold war? Torture-free race? No.... Yes, the film crew, the whole, what? 20 guys? the guys who built the stage? 20 guys, if even. And the Russians weren't flying next to the Americans making sure they got to the moon...
And there was a news network that blew the whistle, it was in the land down under, but do you hear about it? Nooo... Wonder why? Oh, thats right, the people down under are crazy..(No offence)

Pss: Note the sig... That mod will change the way you play civ... once it's out.

How damaging is Watergate? I'm sorry, are we in another cold war? Torture-free race? No.... Yes, the film crew, the whole, what? 20 guys? the guys who built the stage? 20 guys, if even. And the Russians weren't flying next to the Americans making sure they got to the moon...
And there was a news network that blew the whistle, it was in the land down under, but do you hear about it? Nooo... Wonder why? Oh, thats right, the people down under are crazy..(No offence)

Pss: Note the sig... That mod will change the way you play civ... once it's out.

If you defend your conspiracy theory one point at a time, it seems less crazy. When you step back and look at how many points you're defending, you either don't want to believe something (that governments... or maybe a specific government... can do great things), or are seriously a bit... spacey.

D o n ' t c a l l m e s p a c e y : (

It's not 'how may points you're defending' it's how many points you 'can' defend. Because everthing will be questioned, the same cannot be said for answered

Top Bottom