One stop shopping to find mods?

CautiousChaos

Warlord
It's pretty darn amazing how many folks are digging into modding CivIV. Especially for folks like me who are a bit tight on time and but still love to play some of the modded variations.

Finding mods is awfully cumbersome and frustrating through the forums. There's got to be a better way to make it easier for people to find each mod to install. If folks at CivFanatics are listening, can I make a few suggestions:

Build out a link off the home page for Mods.

Inside of the section, users would find the following:

- Mod Name
- Mod Type (rule change, unit, graphics, ...)
- Mod Description
- Mod Version
- Mod Civ Version Compatibility
- Change logs
- A link to the final build
- A link to the most recent build (if a work-in-progress)
- A link to the relevent forum post where most of the chatter is

I'd have to think this would help us all, even the hardcore modders or mod users who are here daily. But for those of us who visit one every few weeks, we tend to miss things and lose out on what everyone has to offer.

--cc

CautiousChaos said:
It's pretty darn amazing how many folks are digging into modding CivIV. Especially for folks like me who are a bit tight on time and but still love to play some of the modded variations.

Finding mods is awfully cumbersome and frustrating through the forums. There's got to be a better way to make it easier for people to find each mod to install. If folks at CivFanatics are listening, can I make a few suggestions:

Build out a link off the home page for Mods.

Inside of the section, users would find the following:

- Mod Name
- Mod Type (rule change, unit, graphics, ...)
- Mod Description
- Mod Version
- Mod Civ Version Compatibility
- Change logs
- A link to the final build
- A link to the most recent build (if a work-in-progress)
- A link to the relevent forum post where most of the chatter is

I'd have to think this would help us all, even the hardcore modders or mod users who are here daily. But for those of us who visit one every few weeks, we tend to miss things and lose out on what everyone has to offer.

--cc

This thread does most of what you're interested in:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=148491

Top Bottom