One that should go, one that should be added (Game mechanics).

Go - AI plotting cities 30000000000000000000000000000000 tiles from home
Add - Casus belli so there will be less warmongering hate (or more if the casus belli isn't achieved)
Add - Colonists so they can found cities 30000000000000000000000000000000 tiles from home

Happiness should go and be replaced with economy. Varying currencies across all nations with option to adopt another's currency. All resources would have a net value attached to them, which would more accurately portray their value (as opposed to happiness).

Resource scattering should be much more define so that regional monopolies are more evident.

You would still have a defined per turn gain of your currency, but your economy would be defined by total currency available, it's value compared to other country's currency value, and total number of owned resources. (To explain my first sentence a little better)

Strong agree on the denounce. It's a horrible mechanic. It suffers greatly from the fact there's no mechanic to counter it, like Praise.
This leads to continuously deteriorating relationships throughout the game and by the renaissance, everyone hates everyone except maybe 1 or 2 civs - and that one falls when ideology penalties kick in

I agree on that the problem with denounce is that there is nothing else to counter it like prestige.

I would add casus belli, thats really the core of the diplo problems in civ. I would take away rationalism and spread its bonuses to all the trees, science is way to central to the game to let it all sit on one tree.

#1: Horses get old or disabled, they need to be constantly replaced.

#2: Casus Belli

#3: The warmonger penalties should be reduced if you declare war in defense of a city-state you have pledged to protect. This would apply if an AI civ declared war on your city-state, or repeatedly abused the CS despite a warning and a denouncement from you.

The warmonger penalty should also be reduced if you capture a city belonging to an AI civ which declared war on you.

#1 By that reasoning, once you trade for horses once or twice you could grow your own.

#2 & #3: agree! The warmonger penalty would be fine if it was applied under more reasonable circumstances. I believe that population should have more weight than quantity of cities.

Top Bottom