One thing feature you would love to see implemented...

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
With Patch 1.1 now out and in the open so we can see it the GalcivII team will, in due time set for v.1.2. This thread is to hear your idea of that "one" feature you think is badly missing and you would love to see implemented (ehm, but please don't say "Multiplayer" for there are other threads for that). You can, of course, make as many suggestions as you like but make an extra post for each trying to keep it fairly simple - otherwise we'll be having novels to read. :)

A "Governor" added to set planetary production "focus" empire-wide to military / social / research. Save me the trouble of having to go through 80some-odd planets one at a time changing or checking the Focus of all the planets.

In my case one thing that I'd really love to be added would be an option to convert other civilizations into vassal states. Right now, one can either conquer a planet militarily, by influencing it and (rarely) buy it. Another related situation ocurrs when another civilization, Major or Minor surrenders to you and thus you get all the planets "overnight". This, I think, is too simple- maybe I don't even want those two crumby planets in some distant system, in a galaxy far far away... So why shouldn't one get some option that pop up once any one of the above situations sets in?

"Make the newly gained planet(s) or system(s)...

- your colony" (as was so far)
- a vasall state" (i.e. pays taxes to you and assist in war, turns influence points over to you, but keeps 'home rule'- may fall off via independence movement but yields trade/tax bonus over a colony)
- an empty world" (population culled & you move on without conquering, surviving troops back in their transports (UI may ostracise+gain "evilness")
- a free power" (makes freed planet a full fletched Minor power unatached to you or anybody*

Minor Civs go Major

* If a Minor civ gets to own a certain number of planets/systems (random number, lets say 6 planets, or so- the most I've see so far was 5 by the Akilians) there could be a 1% chance per turn that it ascends to become a Major Civ. I.e. if it holds those 6 planets for at least 100 turns it will very likely ascend.

The one feature I wish they would add in a future patch would have to be a (GalCivpeadia) it would really make this easier for new players and even experienced ones. I read somewhere that Brad mentioned adding one in a future bonus pack hopefully it will be in v1.2 :religion:

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
In my case one thing that I'd really love to be added would be an option to convert other civilizations into vassal states. Right now, one can either conquer a planet militarily, by influencing it and (rarely) buy it. Another related situation ocurrs when another civilization, Major or Minor surrenders to you and thus you get all the planets "overnight". This, I think, is too simple- maybe I don't even want those two crumby planets in some distant system, in a galaxy far far away... So why shouldn't one get some option that pop up once any one of the above situations sets in?

"Make the newly gained planet(s) or system(s):
- your colony" (as was so far)
- a vasall state" (i.e. pays taxes to you and assist in war, turns influence points over to you, but keeps 'home rule'- may fall off via independence movement but yields trade/tax bonus over a colony)
- an empty world" (population culled & you move on without conquering, surviving troops back in their transports (UI may ostracise+gain "evilness")
- a free power" (makes freed planet a full fletched Minor power unatached to you or anybody*
This would be a real nice feature! Civ4 Warlords is said to have included Vasall state and I really hope it makes it in. We should hopefully here more on the Warlords expansion soon (I hope), otherwise it might be released before we here what content will be included in it!?!?!?!?!?! :mischief:

I almost forgot, one thing that really bugs me in GalCiv2 is after I design a new ship class I name it (XXXXX design) then I upgrade the ship class with weapons and defenses and rename it. But in my starports I sometimes build the (XXXX Design) by mistake and have to upgrade it or destroy it. :sad:

I wish there was a separate area/category where only you're (ship class designs) could be stored and could only be accessed in the shipyard. :cool:

1a. Beeing able to ATLEAST build a small mining station on every uninhabitable planet.
1b. See the "galactic resourses" moved from interstellar space to uninhabitable planets.
2. Beeing able to choose the number of starts exactly when i start the game
(example: beeing able to play a huge galaxy with 9 stars and 9 civs.)

Phoenix_56721 said:
I almost forgot, one thing that really bugs me in GalCiv2 is after I design a new ship class I name it (XXXXX design) then I upgrade the ship class with weapons and defenses and rename it. But in my starports I sometimes build the (XXXX Design) by mistake and have to upgrade it or destroy it. :sad:

I wish there was a separate area/category where only you're (ship class designs) could be stored and could only be accessed in the shipyard. :cool:
In the Shipyard if you create a new version of a design, "Obsolete" the old design and that will prevent this from happening. (If you answer No to the "Do you want to destroy all these ships" then the design is obsoleted but your current inventory is uneffected.)

When talking with other races, I would like to have a "or we'll go to war" type of an option. For example, I had a ton of trade routes going over to the Dark Yor, a minor race. They pop up telling me that the Iconian Refuge wants to wipe them out. So, I give Iconians a yell and ask them to stop. They say no. Now at this point, their best ship has an attack of 3 and they only have 2 of them...I keep tabs on everybody. ;) I've got swarms of my ultra fast Attack 8 medium ships all over the galaxy. At this point, I'm just staring at the screen saying..."No? You're telling ME no? Seriously..." :lol:

Afterwards, I thought about that. It really is a flaw. Why wouldn't an empire threaten to go to war on the grounds of protecting their financial investment? Wars have been waged for much less.

So I'm not asking for exploding planets or anything. Just a simple option in the menu to make the galactic diplomacy a bit more interesting.

Ovidian said:
So, I give Iconians a yell and ask them to stop. They say no. ... Just a simple option in the menu to make the galactic diplomacy a bit more interesting.
If you ever make a demand of the AI without offering anything on your side of the trade screen then the threat of War is made by implication. "Gimme this or Else" kinda thing.

I don't know if this is fixed in the full game, but in the demo, the turn button is too close to the minimap and when I move the viewbox on the minimap, sometimes I accidentially click the turn button.

Why not make it so you can make (Some) Class 0 planets habitable?

Or have your nation fall into a civil war if approval gets WAY, WAY too low. Like, if you are the Terran Alliance, and you are the Federalists, and you fall into civil war, a new human faction...like..the Imperium of Man will arise, and they will have a different party, and etc. Of course, the civil war will only lose you a few systems...but it could happen several times, leading to the basic breakup of your Empire due to dissent if you fail to raise approval.

Or if a planet gets too low in approval, they can rebel and form a minor faction that cannot be negotiated with and you are always at war with.

Another cool thing would be the customized look of planets. For example, if you settle a world and grow it too 30 billion people, why not have it look like a global city?

Phoenix_56721 said:

Don't you notice the little tabs that say "All", "Core", and "User"?

what about the turn button bieng too close to the minimap thing? its kind of a personal gripe though and I'm just wondering if thats fixed in the full game.

smjjames said:
what about the turn button bieng too close to the minimap thing? its kind of a personal gripe though and I'm just wondering if thats fixed in the full game.

You can hit "ENTER" to end your turn.

Ovidian said:
You can hit "ENTER" to end your turn.

The problem is not how to end your turn, but rather that it is easy to prematurely end your turn. As it is now if you click in the bottom corner of the mini-map, it is very easy to mistakenly hit the turn button.

The active area of the pointer arrow is not the tip of the arrow, but rather closer to the center of the arrow. You place the tip at the point you want the screen to move to, and presto - end of turn!

I have done this many a time myself and have been quite frustrated that I ended a turn much to soon!

Top Bottom