One Turn making 150 gold, next losing 90 (1.0.0.220) (Not a Bug)

Jas36

Chieftain
In a game as the Zulu, on one turn I'm making 150 gpt then the next I'm losing 90 gpt and lose all my gold in my treasury. Here's the file of the turn just before it happened. I went back to the last available auto save (I have it set for every turn) and I got it again but a few turns later than it had happened last.

I'm using the mods: Better trade screen, and Better Fog of War. You might need the fog of war one to make it work.

Attachments

• SHAKA bug.Civ6Save
    3.7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Okay, this is happening because of the spies. If you load the save into hot seat and take control of the ai you can see that Catherine siphons Ulundi for 2104 gold. The reason this issue is so pronounced in this case is because you have Great Zimbabwe's traders generating so much gold in that one city that your civ is very vulnerable to spies siphoning in Ulundi. Because of this vulnerability it's pretty important to counterspy your commercial hub in that city to try and prevent that. But for this save you're gonna feel a lot of pain until you can get through the turns of the siphon. Would get a counterspy in there as soon as you can to try to keep it from recurring since it's a big target for spies.

Okay, this is happening because of the spies. If you load the save into hot seat and take control of the ai you can see that Catherine siphons Ulundi for 2104 gold. The reason this issue is so pronounced in this case is because you have Great Zimbabwe's traders generating so much gold in that one city that your civ is very vulnerable to spies siphoning in Ulundi. Because of this vulnerability it's pretty important to counterspy your commercial hub in that city to try and prevent that. But for this save you're gonna feel a lot of pain until you can get through the turns of the siphon. Would get a counterspy in there as soon as you can to try to keep it from recurring since it's a big target for spies.
Oh I didn't know that it would stop me from producing gold. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom