One unit per tile?

ButSam

King
I'd like some clarification on the "one unit per tile" rule. How does it apply? 'Cuz I coulda sworn in some cases there were >1 unit per tile in the demo playthrough.

I hypothesize that it is a limit of one *military* unit per tile, excluding Great Generals. (A GG can be on the same tile as a military unit.)

Also, I thought I saw two military units that had not moved trade places in a straightforward swap as well...or is my memory faulty?

Can you have any number of workers and/or settlers per tile? Can you have a worker/settler and a military unit in the same tile? Can you have a "transport" and combat ship in the same tile?

Inquiring minds want to know!

1 Military (archer, spearman, trireme, etc)
1 Civilian (Worker, great general, embarked unit, etc)
Per Tile

Multiple flight-based units (planes, missiles) can be stacked on top of each other in cities and appropriate transports. To an extent, anyway.

Wow, really? I understood the 1 military UPT but never thought about there being a restriction of 1 Civvy UPT too.

I'm not complaining as I'm looking forward to the 1 military UPT, but isn't the 1 civvy UPT going to slow down growth by a fair amount? In 4, I see a lot of my workers that are working on the same plot to get it done, lowering that to only one worker PT, seems I'll be doing a lot of waiting for things to get done on a nice spread of a nation. Hmmm, maybe not, I guess I'll find out next week for certain.

Just curious. Overall, I'm looking forward to getting rid of the SOD.

Well I like that you can only have 1 worker per tile... worker spamming really ended up as the only way to do anything, and severely limited the effectiveness of bombing or pillaging terrain.
Also remember that pillaging no longer completely destroys the improvement anymore. It damages it, making it useless until repaired (which takes less time than completely rebuilding it). That should help offset the lack of stack-improving.

I'm not going crazy (I don't think)...at around 8 minutes in Part 2 of the ustream walkthrough, two Japanese units that have movement points remaining switch places. There is no commentary on this move, it just happens. So, I think it is possible to have units directly switch places. Here is a link to the ustream Part 2...again, look at around 8 minutes for the unit swap: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9553920

This doesn't violate 1 move per tile, but it "violates" one unit moved at a time temporarily in order to allow for a straightforward unit swap and still maintain 1 military unit per tile. Pretty cool; saves a bit of headache.

i would assume both units would need movement points for that move to be available.

I'm not going crazy (I don't think)...at around 8 minutes in Part 2 of the ustream walkthrough, two Japanese units that have movement points remaining switch places. There is no commentary on this move, it just happens. So, I think it is possible to have units directly switch places. Here is a link to the ustream Part 2...again, look at around 8 minutes for the unit swap: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9553920

This doesn't violate 1 move per tile, but it "violates" one unit moved at a time temporarily in order to allow for a straightforward unit swap and still maintain 1 military unit per tile. Pretty cool; saves a bit of headache.

I think this was confirmed way back, so no you're not going crazy.

Top Bottom