1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

One Wish...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Amenhotep7, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Amenhotep7

Amenhotep7 Spartiate

If you had one wish to do anything or to have anything done, what would it be? (And lat's all try to come up with something more creative than 'I would wish for [insert any number here] more wishes!'):p

2. h4ppy

h4ppy You sir, pineapple?

I wish all women that are not closely related to me would be in love with me.

3. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

I would hate that. You wouldn't be able to have one honest conversation with any of them!

I would just want that I and my gf would be forever in love, and ofcause be able to be together;)

If that was going to happen anyway, I would want super powers, yeah!

4. Amenhotep7

Amenhotep7 Spartiate

@h4ppy

Eww, you would date your 30th cousin 4 times removed? Incest-freak! :p ;) :joke:

5. Billy Rubin

Billy Rubin breakdown product of HB

I'd wish to be allmighty

6. Gladi

Gladi The ignored thread killer

Bright day
    I would wish to hold power over my body. To be able to shape within and without with a mere thought...

7. Zeekater

Zeekater hasn't been using drugs

I'd wish for everyone to be happy.

That would make me happy too, conveniently :p

If that's not possible, I wish for the maximum amount of unhappy people to become happy. Or build more temples and cathedrals :)

8. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

A bit cliche but: world peace. Or happiness for all.

9. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Universal happiness. What is left to wish after that ?

10. kmad

kmad King

I'd wish that Heaven and God and all that junk really did exist.

11. Gladi

Gladi The ignored thread killer

Bright day
    Please I never figured how this would work... Will there be people less happy and more happy? If not, isn't it wrong to some people who work hard to give them less happiness? If yes, isn't it wrong to give everybody enough happiness? How will people differentiate between states? Will it be like "Now I am kinda gay.","Now I am happy.", "Now I am joyfull." and "Now I am in extasy!". And won't diminished happiness (ie going from extasy to joy) be like unhapiness? And why would anybody do anything? And would it not be false happiness?

12. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

I'd wish for the ability to make people do whatever I want them to do. Guess I'm just a power hungry insecure sadist at heart.

I'd rather false happiness than real misery. Some interesting points though.

13. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Gladi : I don't know. I leave the details to the genie who whill do the work.

Or I could ask for absolute universal justice, on the other hand. Could do the job, too.

14. Halcyon

Halcyon 9000

It's probably fortunate that such wishes don't come true. Try to imagine what'd really happen if they did..

Aside from the lost karma from the damage done to a billion marriages, you would most likely be quite dead before too long. All the women in the world may love you, but you can't love them all - and as they say, hell hath no fury like two billion jilted human females. Don't say noone ever kills someone they love - you know that's not true. This isn't even considering the menfolk of the world, who probably won't appreciate your newfound status all that much. You'd not likely even have time for the constant, oppressive affection to drive you to suicide.

Ah, better, but don't forget that it'd only take one mistake to bring about your undoing. There's always a danger of inadvertently destroying your own mind. You'd have to be careful, else one vivid dream about being a rock or one moment's self-destructive despair would be the end of you. You'd have to make sacrifices, but at least you might actually be better off from this one. Unusual, that, so well done.

Assuming the resident bottle-dwelling berber doesn't decide on malicious interpretations, of course. After all, subconscious thoughts are thoughts too, right? Careful wording, and all that.

No, no, no! Can you imagine what'd happen if everyone was happy all the time? It'd be the mass equivalent of a morphine overdose. It'd be the end of humanity. Whatever happens, you'd be happy about it. Why even live? You could at least wish that everyone had things to be happy about, rather than have everyone smile as they waste away..

Ah, wouldn't that be nice. Only trouble would be that sooner or later the mortal plane would be obliterated and thereafter would follow an eternity of sheer boredom for everyone involved. You spend forever either sitting on a cloud with a bunch of senile Mormons or having red-hot pitchforks shoved up your metaphorical. Not exactly anyone's idea of a party, da? You'd have to hope that whatever God you conjured up would be generally understanding enough not to go through with that sort of thing. If Earthly religions are any guide, though, we'd all be in for it.

One could argue that you already have it, but merely lack skill. You've a voice and a brain, after all. There's always a way. Even with magical abilities of compulsion, tyrant's disease would get you in the end. Loneliness. Paranoia. Mortality. Too much power has a way of driving people mad. Perhaps not if you rarely used that power, but would you have the will not to?

15. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

I'd be the Administrator of CFC :evil:

16. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

He said wish, not impossibility.

17. sourboy

sourboy Awakening...

Universal Happiness.

18. col

col Old Fart Retired Moderator

The genie appears : What is your wish , master?

I want a bridge built acorss the Atlantic so I can drive there and not have to fly.

- But thats gonna take a lot of work - how about something else?

Ok - I want to be able to understand women.

- how many lanes did you want on that bridge?

19. Malba

Malba Yay!

2 words: WORLD PEACE!!

20. Fetus4188

Fetus4188 Deity

I wish I could use the knowledge I have now to fix past mistakes.