1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

One Wish...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Amenhotep7, Jan 11, 2005.

1. steviejay

steviejay Now in Black and White!!

one?? hmm............ mind control would be awesome. no, reading minds, yeah I want that one.

2. thetrooper

thetrooper Schweinhund

I would like to fly.

3. steviejay

Immortality would suck. you'd be alive for the world ending (when the sun grows to a Red Giant) and would just float about in space until either A) the universe ends or b) you land on another planet and the whole cycle repeats :p :lol:

4. RoddyVR

RoddyVR Veteran Board NESer

i've been watching too many cartoons, and "Aladin" was one of my nephews favorites for a while, so my first question to the genie would be:
    "what happens to you after i make my wish?"
    then i think i'd just set him free from his wishgranting prison, if that is what he wants.
    then i'd have a genie for a gratefull friend.

other then that, i'd want to be "an all powerfull sorcerer".
    you know, carry a staff/wand to basicaly manipulate the universe in any way i see fit.
    i'd keep the fact that i'm allpowerfull secret for as long as i could i think.
    first spell i'd figure out how to use would be the "live for as long as you want" one. i agree that imortality might be too much. i just want to be immortal till i decide, i've had enough.

i think i could spend quite a lot of time (like a couple hundred years) doing "clean up" on the weekends to keep from being bored. i'd go to nuke weapon stockpiles, and launch em up into the sun (by magic, not by their own power, dont want some mishap or faulty rocket to make a nuke fall back to earth)

5. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

wouldn't mind control also suck a bit? You'd be constantly bombarded by other people's thoughs, and some not-too-pleasant ones.

6. Lozzy_Ozzy

Lozzy_Ozzy Rapture

For everyone in love to saty together forever and always remain happy :)

7. Gelion

Gelion Captain

I'd wish people thought more about others than they did about themselves. More as in "more than now". This way maybe we could solve our problems....

8. Ayatollah So

Ayatollah So the spoof'll set you free

I'd wish for eternal recurrence. That the universe should go on for, say, 10^31 years, and then time loops back to the Big Bang, and it happens all over again, and again, and again. It's not immortality, but it's an endless supply of reincarnation.

9. Fizzi

Fizzi Dain Bramaged

I would wish I could go back in time and let me get ran over by a van not my 5 year old sister

10. Gladi

Gladi The ignored thread killer

:(
    four...ten

11. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

For everyone everywhere to know the truth.

12. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

I wish I could dunk a basketball. That'd be pretty cool.

13. amadeus

amadeus Bring back the Civ2 theme!

Way to set your goals low, Matt.

14. Azadre

Azadre One more turn...

One wish...
    An existence without the fear and guilt I have grown to know, one without hatred and cruelty, one of heaven.

15. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

haha, ok, sorry sharpe. what I meant to say was I wished for world peace, and happy flowers, and for people's farts to smell like roses, and for everybody to be in loooove!

Im pretty content with life right now, i have a feeling that if i wished for something like world peace, id end up screwing everything up. But being able to dunk, that'd be pretty cool. Might help me get into college too

16. steviejay

hmmm, good point. maybe you could just have some form of mental ability when you can read peoples minds when you want rather than what I think happened to Mel Gibson in that film... What Women want or something...

I'd quite like to be able to talk to and see God, but mainly just to settle the arguments in OT on whether or not He exists or not :lol:

17. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Emperor

To be omniscient. But then of course I would come to the realization that I could have made a much better wish, but I blew it. :lol:

18. raen

raen Coat of Arms

19. WildFire

WildFire amour

Great answer :lol:

Anyway, I'd wish that I could get more than 7 strikes in a row. Instead of always hitting 7 and going, "Huh, don't blow it," I'd get that 8th one!

20. Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson haughty & over-confident

I would wish for a time machine! YES! I would go back and fight with Genghis Khan and tell the Germans how best to conquer the Soviet Union! I would kill Jesus prematurely and then come back to the future to see how the world would be without Christianity - that's interesting, no?