1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Online manual?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Lengo, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Lengo

Lengo Chieftain

I'm not much for books. I prefer looking up stuff in html, where I can bounce around using links. Is there a manual on a site somewhere to use as a reference? If you know of site with one, post it here (or die).

2. scienide09

scienide09 Regular lurker

Books are your friends.

Benefit of the doubt says that you own the game, and just like me, prefer the ease of electronic access. Whatever happened to the good old days (i.e., last year), when games came with .pdf files of the manual to save costs (and trees)?:(

Don't be lazy. There's bound to be one online -- try looking for it yourself.

3. Woodgar

Woodgar Chieftain

Personally, I much prefer a printed manual to a PDF or online version.

However, for a game like CIV I often look in the Civilopedia whilst playing the game since patches and mods can alter the game in quite significant ways that will (obviously) not be reflected in a paper handbook.

4. SPQR300

SPQR300 Deity

5. Zombie69

Zombie69 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

6. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

let them buy the game!!!!!! I want to see his receipt. The enquiry starts here!!!

7. JoeBas

JoeBas Chieftain

Actually, I had a similar question... I had a house fire at my place, the game made it, but sadly, the manual did not (different rooms).

Then again, most anyone familiar with the series can "Figure things out", and a good strat. guide always makes a good compliment anyway...

8. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

yeah yeah the dog ate it, my brother spilt his tea on it, mum gave it away to the charity shop. Heard it all before.

Shame on you for not carrying the manual on you at all times!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hmmm i think my sarcasm has reached new levels :lol:

9. civn

civn Chieftain

Which reached new levels? :lol:

This one?

or this one?