1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Online MP Woes

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by Verkinix, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Verkinix

Verkinix Chieftain

Hey all,

Ok, so here is the situation. I made a mod, gave it to friends, and have been playing it happily for a month now. Suddenly, one of my friends can no longer "see" our game when started (and vice versa). It was like, one minute we were all playing happily and everything was fine and the next, she can no longer join.

Nothing has changed since the last session. We simply booted the game, logged online and I started a new game while my brother joined. Then, when our friend tried to refresh, nothing showed up. Same story for the last couple of days. She says she's changed nothing in the mod, etc and the mod still loads.

We've tried resending the mod and reinstalling it. We've tried shutting down other programs like voice chat programs. We've tried reinstalling the game and rebooting the computer etc...

A few details on the mod are simply that there are custom civs that represent us. Nothing fancy, just modified existing civilizations with different text, city names, colors, etc, but no added graphics, sounds, or stuff like that. No added rules or anything like that.

I just have no clue why one day the mod is working and we are playing fine and the next my game no longer shows up for her. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(I should add that the civ servers seem to be having a hiccup today giving me error messages saying stuff about unresolved this and that, but I had none of this the past two days that we've been trying to get this working... perhaps the servers have just been on the fritz the past couple of days... I dunno)

Thanks

2. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

3. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

The best option in cases like this is to have your friend Direct IP into the staging room, even though the lobby and the mod are having difficlties, this will still work and has been used in the MP world quit often.

CS