1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Only one thing to do when Russia attacks... PANIC! (Need some advice)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Darth Fred, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Darth Fred

Darth Fred Chieftain

I'm currently playing Germany in open play 1939 (It's now 1941). I've actually been peaceful for the most part and things were going swimingly until the Reds decided to declare war. :eek:

Any advice for a relative noob fighting off massive stacks of infantry?

I've got some things lined up, but wanted to hear from others and trade notes.
    F

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Artillery, fighters, bombers to cause as much collateral damage as possible and then start with your biggest units in attacking and then work you way down to you last.

3. Darth Fred

Darth Fred Chieftain

That's what I did and it seems to be working. The only problem I ran into... ok... mistake I made... was to send the vast majority of my fighters which left my oil wells open to destruction.

Thank you!
    F

4. kiwitt

You need to note: In my versions stacks of Doom are less likely

5. Darth Fred

Darth Fred Chieftain

Duly noted. I'll tell you though, I've had mixed luck with downloads and installations in the past. I believe the technical term is, "I suck at it." So I need to dig out (Find) my original disks in case I bungle the job. That way I can at least return to point 'A'.

I also don't want to be in the middle of a game.
    ;)
    F

6. kiwitt

7. PierreBonaparte

PierreBonaparte Chieftain

Always protect your resources with anti-air guns. It'll leave you impervious from most resource pilaging attacks.
    I made the same mistake as finland against the commies, but one i installed the anti air gun., my resources were safe