1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Only two civs remain...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Phoenix1595, May 25, 2007.

1. alchem

alchem Chieftain

i want Jumong to be the new leader for Korea (the guy who set up Kokuryo)

And I would like to see Ethiopia and Olmecs to be the last two civs...

if at all they choose a weird civ, i think it can be Switzerland or Byzantine...
    how should I know?:confused:

2. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Wow! I'm happy to see so many other people pulling for Ethiopia/Abyssinia! :D As I said in other posts, I really hope they make it. I would prefer if Justinian led the Roman Empire so we could get another new Civ, but I think he'll represent Byzantine.

I'm not so sure that those elephants represent a new Civ, they may just be a new unit or part of a scenario, we don't really know yet. But I hope they do include a SE Asian Civ, I'd like to see Vietnam personally, but I don't think they'll get selected.

I'm not really a fan of Sumer or the Hittites being included, but I'm sure they will be. I don't really know who'll make it, but I really hope Ethiopia/Abyssinia will make it! Please Firaxis!! :king:

3. alchem

alchem Chieftain

I agree with most certainty...

4. icemanjsg

icemanjsg Warlord

One of the two last races to be confirmed should be Israel but i doubt it will be because of the crazy PC(thats politically correct) world we live in.

5. Brother Vicar

Brother Vicar Chieftain

I wouldn't be against Israel as a Civ. In fact, I hope they get added in. The Papal States would be interesting, too. Imagine the possibilities. Come on, the thought of dominating the world through sheer military force as the Pope has got to make you smile at least a little bit.

6. methane

methane Warlord

I definitely want my civ experience to represent the whole world, so I'm really hoping we don't have another european/middle eastern civ added on top of the ones already announced.

2 new civs in the western hemisphere was nice, and now we need 1 african, 1 asian (other than middle east), and 1 more either from those 2 continents, polynesia, or the Australian Aborigines. Ethiopia is clearly a top possibility for Africa, and Khmer wouldn't disappoint me, though I can think of other possibilities for each of them.

I know the Aborigines and Polynesians didn't accomplish much (in civ terms), but they got crappy starting positions (in civ terms). Let's face it, in a matchup between equals, those starting positions will lose every time! Since we're replaying history, we can try our luck playing them in a different starting position. I'm not necessarily hoping that one of them gets in ahead of a 2nd African or Asian civ, but I think we have plenty of europe & middle east civs right now.

All you Polish fans, I think Poland would be the top choice for another European civ if they ever make a 3rd expansion (and I think it might have made a better choice for this expansion that the 2 or 3 {depending on how you count Byzantine} European ones that did make it), but I'll be disappointed if they didn't look to other regions of the world for the remaining civs.

7. WingedPaladin

WingedPaladin He Keiki o Akua

Ooompa Loompas! :joke: I really hope to see something like Hawaiians or Māori. That's my hope. We'll see.

8. jac0001

jac0001 Chieftain

I would love to see a ww2 senario with a non playable Hilter and your goal is to win the war against him and a diplomatic victory to estabilsh israel.

9. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

Polynesia rather than Poland, any day. Why this obsession with Poland? There are several other Euroepan countries that qualify just as well as Poland, which is not to say that I want to see any of them included. (Well, maybe Austria, but it doesn't feel very important to me.)

10. Monado

Monado King

I only put Polyenesia there because they would represent a part of the world not already in the game. I only picked them because I feel like it would bring a different feel to the civs we have already. I picked Poland just cause Poland fans seem pretty dedicated to getting them in (with that online petition). I could really care less about either civ to be honest. Every civ I really wanted (Maya, Native Americans, Babylon) is already in. If there was an announcement tomorrow that only the 7 known new civs were going to be included....It would not phase me a bit..

...so What is your biased obsession with Polynesia? You seemed to get pretty defensive just because I had Poland equal with them.

11. Drewcifer

Drewcifer Agent of Karma

I would like to see one from each group:

Group 1: Khmer, Ethiopian, Swahili

Group 2: Maori, Hawaiian, Samoan

I've always wanted the Swahili in the game but it has never happend. The cities of the Swahili coast were the most sophistcated cities sub-saharan Africa ever built prior to European colonization. They had writing, stone and mortar houses with glass windows; the rich ate off of Chinese porcelain and wore silk. By the time Vasco de Gama sailed into Kilwa, the largest and richest city on the coast, it was the equal of all but three or four European cities. If the Swahili had gunpowder the history of Africa would be very different.

Duarte Barbosa was a commercial agent of the Portugese crown in Africa right after the era of initial conquest. In 1518 he wrote the following about Kilwa(1):

It was leveled by Portugese cannon fire. The ruins of Kilwa are now a world heritage site.

(1) This translation is from Basil Davidson's "African Civilization Revisited" 1991, page 159

12. Vrenir

Vrenir King

I'd like Khmer as the SE Asian, plus Polynesian and Abyssinian. However, I expect Austria and/or Hittites to get in there instead.

For leaders, I would really like the final two to be a new Spanish leader (alternative to Isabella who everyone hates) and Nasser of the Arabs (economic guy with a suit for modders). I have no idea what we'll get though.

13. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

14. Turkish_Aries

Turkish_Aries Bawwww!!

i like the sumerian idea also the first Turkish state Huns can be include also Austria can be great :goodjob:

15. winddbourne

winddbourne Prince

I want polynesians/austronesians. They did independantly invent farming in new zealand, reached west africa, and settled a huge area by boat earlier than any other people.

If included I'd give them something like a work boat capable of carrying settlers, missionaries, and workers early on for their UU.

16. Bongo-Bongo

Bongo-Bongo The Master

I'm hoping Ethiopia get one spot, and for the second spot I'd like to see one of either the Olmecs, Kongo, Poland, Hittites, Dacia or Austria. I think the Hittites will get in the game though due to the fact that they would be the only Civ from a previous game not to make the cut.

17. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

I'm hoping for Hittites and the Kushans or the Ethiopians.

18. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

I'm sure that one of the two remaining civs is Aborigines/Australia or Polynesia or Maori .

Just hope the last one is new civ , Like Tibet or a Southeast Asia civ or maybe Israel .

Whatever they are , just hope they are a civ from Europe . In the whole world there are six civilized continents , and Europe is crowded with a lot of civs, and there are lacks of civs in mid-Africa , Pacific region , south america .

19. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

Isrrael would be interesting ! I agree too

20. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Wow, that's a loaded statement... a lack of civilizations? Says who? Who defines what makes a civilization?