OOC but RPG related: integrating feudalism

Epimethius

Wish I Hadn't Been Here
Japan has a long history of feudalism, and it is the feudalistic period that I imagine most of us are most interested in RPGing. So, now that we have the tech, I figured we should try and figure out some way to incorporate Daimyo and Samurai into the game. Here's my idea:

-Each city is a fief, with the exception of the Imperial fief in Fanatikku. Each mayor is a daimyo (feudal lord) over that fief.
-The president will be the Shogun, if they participate, and try to generally bind the confederacy of daimyo under one banner. They will get Fanatikku by default.
-Everyone else participating in this section of the RPG would be a samurai of some sort. Samurai could be ronin (as I believe the term is, though I'm not too knowledgable on this kind of thing), who roam freely, or have certain lords.
-Other RPG stories could operate seperately and freely of this one, this would be a game within the RPG (i.e. it would not be the entire RPG), and it would span many threads.
-Daimyo could compete for territory with their samurai and try to unseat eachother during peacetime. A territory map would exist for this purpose, basic territory being the city radius.
-During wars, players can set out for battle agains the legions of Rome (or whoever), or stay at home and try to steal territory.

Because of the territory idea, I believe this conflicts with the current rules, however it would only be a minigame (so even if you're at war with Furukawa, you can still visit the temple). But that's why I want to get approval for it first. This also allows for me to guage interest and tweek the rules.

I like the idea but actually implementing it and running it would take considerable effort.

Yeah, I would be in full support of it, IF there was an easy way to manage the land.

The past attempts at land ownership required to much work.

Land would be divided up into domains, i.e. cities. You can trade in cities, but no further divisions. So it wouldn't be too hard, you simply keep a map of the country with all the borders and occasionally update a list below it of who owns what domain. The individual tiles wouldn't matter as much, and economics would be ignored.

This was done in DG2 -- turned out to be quite complex and extensive. Not to mention, once an area was established, it was hard for new players to join in.

Chieftess said:
This was done in DG2 -- turned out to be quite complex and extensive. Not to mention, once an area was established, it was hard for new players to join in.

/me is still cringing... No Shaitan.. I don't want to do the land update... You, dis and Donsig own too much... I don't like p'shoping for the sake of land.

SaaMsan starts to scream.
:GAAHHHHH:

Asano and Oishi stand with their left hands under their right elbows and their right hands stroking their chins as they listen to this debate. They glance at each other and suddenly break out in an uproar of laughter....:lol:

Top Bottom