Ooh my goodness!!!!

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
This is crazy, but the story begins that I realize I will be married to my wife for 20 years, in January next year.
So suddenly I think up a plan. She have ALL control of the money which is good, she give whatever I want within reasonable boundaries.

She loves to travel to Bali, she has 2 sponsor kids there somewhere in the jungle. But that is her thing, she loves it. And of course I let her do that, since she never denied me anything that I want. I even let her build a place over there for 20k, which came out of our house payments. I don't ask for much though, maybe a new computer for 3k now and again, but not much else. lol. We are not rich, but we find ways to do things ok.I'm a factory worker with 850 dollars a week and she earns a little bit more, so we are not rich, not at all.

So she a couple of piggybanks to make up for her trips, and I say ok but nothing more than change or maybe a few 5-20 dollar bills. She tried to put in 50 dollar bills, but soon she understood that we need money for daily life as well.

So I started to rummage about in my very old computer desk, since I want to find a container for my money to give her something really nice in 7 months time. I laundered 120 dollars already, but where to hide them?

I think there must be a very old computer game box hidden in my desk, in the darkest corners

OHH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

Now to part 2:

I search through the things I never cared to look at for a long time and find Skyrim, a few Civ games and Fallout 3! I also found a very old note reading: Austria-warlord-small maps-lake etc. of course an old Civ reference, but I don't know what game.
I have these games installed on Steam, but for some reason I can't play one of my fav games Fallout 3, it won't start. Sad. Well Windows 10 seem to muck up many things for players.

Then I found Football Manager 2011, she would not open that box in her lifetime so I stored my (or hers) 120 dollars in there.After that I reached in further and: Ohh my goodness! More games!!!!

I give you a list what I found and never played through, back in the days when all games run on Windows XP.

I found:
Evil Twin
Alice
Disciples
Etherlord 2
Wizardry
Fear
Diablo
Heroes of Might and Magic 1-2-3
The Witcher
Civ: Colonization
Max Payne 3
Bioshock 2
Mass effect
And Arcanum, one of my old times favs!

So my question to you clever guys, would I be able to run any of these games on Win 10?
I haven't done a manual install for years haha, that serves me, but really, Arcanum would be so nice to revisit. :)
And if Fallout 3 was manually installed on a separate drive, would I be able to play it. And Diablo!
Seem like steam doesn't have any more options for me.

A very Spartan arrangement :thumbsup:

like me lol I give all my money to her, I dont even know how to operate internet banking, just let me have my cigs and gaming laptop, the rest she can has it lol

regarding the game, I think fall out 3 should work fine with windows 10. Maybe you just need a mod that able to utilizes higher ram, I play Morrowind and Neverwinter Night just fine in Windows 10

Just Google the name of the game and windows 10 and there is usually many other people who have asked the same question and has a few solutions. (I would read all of the thread, which isn't hard since most threads have no more than 10 responses, since sometimes the later responded came up with better, or easier solutions. If it's from steam I would read the steam forums first. I've played some of these games, though can't be positive they were on windows 10.

If i remember correctly, to run Fallout 3 requires a Games for Windows Live fix/disabler. As well as whatever usual fixes that might or might not be needed to get the finicky Gambryo engine to run.

If i remember correctly, to run Fallout 3 requires a Games for Windows Live fix/disabler. As well as whatever usual fixes that might or might not be needed to get the finicky Gambryo engine to run.

yea ugh I think I play morrowind last time in Windows 7 maybe, along with New Vegas, it was 2015-16 I forgot. But it seems like Erika said it needs a tweak to work:

https://appuals.com/make-fallout-3-work-windows-10/

Hope new vegas still compatible in windows 10, I want to replay that game in the future together with New Vegas Bounties mod series from someguy2000, that mod is just crazy, the best storyline mod I ever play. Hands down.

haroon: I've been on that site and applied every thing they say I can choose, but still the same thing. Start game, see loading and back to nothing.

I can play Morrowind and Fallout4...

Hey wait, I have tried the special Edition of Fallout 3, because I thought it was S.P.E.C.I.A.L, but no, it's not! Tried the original and it works!
I never realized I never opened it.

I'm a dumb blipping funky blipping idiot!!!!

So what's special with the special edition? I might be able to fix that one too with haroon's link. ?

Trying to edit pref files in the wrong game doesn't help, lol.

And my guys are so hard core level on both Skyrim and Fallout 3, but I never finished. I blame CIV for that. I have to restart.

Last edited:
So what's special with the special edition?

I don't know, but at least it's literally pronounced special :lol:

And my guys are so hard core level on both Skyrim and Fallout 3, but I never finished

things like that though annoying but yea every gamer do that and understand how you feel. I remember having a blast playing fo3, the ending quite disappointing however some of the quest for me were really worth replaying

So what's special with the special edition? I might be able to fix that one too with haroon's link. ?

Trying to edit pref files in the wrong game doesn't help, lol.

And my guys are so hard core level on both Skyrim and Fallout 3, but I never finished. I blame CIV for that. I have to restart.

Having not played Fallout 3, google says:
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stands for Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck. At the very beginning of the game, you'll formulate your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. statistics. It is important to choose what kinds of character that you want to be from the very beginning, because while you'll be given the ability during the game to put a point here and there to boost yourself, the large majority of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points are chosen at the beginning of the game.

But wouldn't the regular (non-special) game have that too? If it's a 'Game of the year' version or something like that, those versions of games typically includes all of the DLC and expansions, latest patches, sometimes graphical improvements, etc.

Top Bottom