Oops...lost my hall of fame files

markovnikov

Chieftain
My saved game list was getting rather long, so I cleared out all the save files I could find from the single player/save and modsav folders. But in the process I cleaned out all my hall of hame scores. I still have all the cleared save files in my Trash, so presumably I can put them back. I just dont know wha folder they should go in, and what the HOF files look like.

Can anyone help?

Presumably you know where the saves were, so I guess you have to put them back there. Maybe that will restore the HoF?

The only item I can see that might be relevant to displaying the HoF on my system is ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/cache/Civ5SavedGameDatabase.db. I don't imagine you can reconstruct that manually, but if you are lucky, it might rebuild itself if you return the saves to their correct locations.

In the Replays folder I found a file called HallOfFameDataBase.db

This seems to be where the HOF info is kept. You are right Alan, that I can't rewrite manually. I'm fairly sure the .CiV5Replay files are the ones that relate to HOF though, as there seems to be one for every game I've completed. I've put all the .CiV5Replay files in this folder, but there was no rebuild.

I'm not sure if the .CiV5Replay files are actually supposed to go in the Replays folder. Would appreciate if someone could have a look at their folder and let me know....just to alleviate my curiosity.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's where they go. When we first started the Civ5 GOTM we asked people to supply their Civ5Replay files as well as their final saves, and that's where we told them to find them. But if replacing them doesn't restore your HoF, it means the data isn't pulled from them after the game is over.

The database file has to be where the records are kept. Did you trash the HallOfFameDataBase.db file? Or can you reinstate it?

I didn't touch the HallOfFame.db file when cleaning out, but it looks like it doesn't rebuild from the replay files.

Have had a look at the script in both the db and replay files and can't see anything that could be copied and pasted. I wonder if there is some way of running the replay files. This might force a rebuild?

I didn't touch the HallOfFame.db file when cleaning out, but it looks like it doesn't rebuild from the replay files.
So is it still as it was before you wreaked havoc on the rest of your files? :)

I'm not aware of any replay facility within the game. I believe the latest version does provide a replay, at least at the end of the game, but I'd have to finish a game to find out whether the replay is then available beyond the end of the game. I'm also not sure when this arrived, so it may be a feature of the newest patches, which haven't reached the Mac version yet.

So is it still as it was before you wreaked havoc on the rest of your files? :)

No, there is only one entry in the .db file- for the one game that I have finished since unleashing the havoc.

As an aside, this confused me for a little while too, because the HOF entry used Otto as the leader, but I hadn't been playing as Otto. Long story short- I'd been playing the Viking Scenario as Norway and this scenario has stand-in leader art so I didn't know I was de-facto Germany.

Anyway, I guess I'll just leave the files be for now and see if they are exectutable after the patch....or until Civ 6 comes out...whichever is sooner. Thanks for the help Alan. :goodjob:

Top Bottom