OOS and direct ip

baboonfan

Master of... things
So here's a bit of help needed. We play in the same room via a cable and the deal is that we keep getting the OOS bug, that lovely red message on the screen right from the beginning. It goes away for one turn if the other one of us rejoins but it's back on the next turn. We have the basic settings ok, no firewalls or anything, we have tried to check all the settings and we definitely have the same versions of warlords 2.08 and no mods. The only reason that I can think of could be behind this is that my girlfriend is running the german language version. :confused: We've both tried to be hosts, play with different number of AI's and all that, but nothing makes a difference.

:blush: Any input appreciated.

I figured this one out, my laptop to my Tower Computer. So your just a network no internet right, the cable (crossover cable) just connects the 2 computers. Go to network connections on both Computers and uncheck "find IP automatically" find an example IP address and give each computer its own new ip address (write them down), go to advance and uncheck the other option to find DNS automatically. Fire up the game, go to Direct connect and put in you partners IP address

So here's a bit of help needed. We play in the same room via a cable and the deal is that we keep getting the OOS bug, that lovely red message on the screen right from the beginning. It goes away for one turn if the other one of us rejoins but it's back on the next turn. We have the basic settings ok, no firewalls or anything, we have tried to check all the settings and we definitely have the same versions of warlords 2.08 and no mods. The only reason that I can think of could be behind this is that my girlfriend is running the german language version. :confused: We've both tried to be hosts, play with different number of AI's and all that, but nothing makes a difference.

:blush: Any input appreciated.

Yeah, I did that and tried the DNS too which usually isnt' required, but the OOS problem remains. :scan: So we basically resorted to playing the vanilla civ, for now. :eek:

Top Bottom