OoS Errors on Hyborem/Basium

Camper Joe

Chieftain
Hey folks. Finally decided to register here, seeing as how I stalk the nooks and crannies of this forum daily. But, alas, to the point at hand!

Recently I've been making the change of usual FFH gaming from singleplayer to lan with a good friend of mine. This was all fine and dandy, other than the multitude of Out of Sync errors that, from my understanding, are an issue in the latest patch (Here's hoping it'll be fixed soon, cheers to Kael!). So, while playing on lan, I decided I'd go ahead and summon Basium. To my surprise, both of us recieved an OoS error when I took control of Basium. This error caused the game to be largely unscavengeable: I and my friend tried reconnecting to the game, only to continue to be plagued by this OoS error. We also tried reloading the game and summoning Basium again, only to end with the same result. Lastly, we attempted to load a save I had created the second I took control of Basium. Firstly, I loaded as Basium, but the OoS error persisted, and my buddy's computer insisted that I had not returned to the game. Secondly, I loaded this save as my mother nation, Luchuirp. The OoS persisted, and the game still claimed that I was not in it. My only theory for this is that somehow I was stuck in limbo between the transition from Luchuirp to Basium.

I also tried to summon Hyborem, and eventually Taranis (I use RiFE), only to end in the exact same result. These occurrences were in separate games from my Basium experience, so this could not possibly be a random error.

I was hoping we were not the only ones experiencing this, and perhaps there is a way to bypass this OoS error. Thanks for taking the time, cheers.

-Joe

The way to bypass the error, in my understanding, is to not switch to Basium when you get the popup. Instead let the AI control him and save the game. When you reload it, you have the choice to select your civilization, and at that point you take control of the Mercurians.

The downside is that you're now stuck on Noble handicap rather than whatever you had set for your old civilization.

Ahh, I didn't even consider that. I was under the impression that the AI runs on whatever difficulty the host selects, or an average of all the players' difficulties. Anyways, I'll have to give that a try, thank you very much.

If a human player summons either Hyborem or Basium in a multiplayer game and then switches team, it causes an OOS. This is a known issue, and the fix is to save the game and rehost it completely. Happens all the time in our FFHRP games each weekend, usually we have to rehost more than once due to other OOS issues. Also hot-joining a game at all causes an OOS instantly, I suspect its the same issue (AI being replaced with a human).

On a side note, I found that if you load the game from the Autosave of the turn either was summoned, then the AI does not get a free turn. Main effect is that a player can play as Hyborem without having the AI settle Dis wherever it happened to start.

Top Bottom