1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Invitation for C2C Developers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by MahDryBread, Feb 28, 2013.

1. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

The other day I did a rather long stream of C2C on my Twitch channel that I uploaded over on my Youtube channel. A day or so after this event, a C2C Developer whom's youtube handle is "Hydromancerx" inbox messaged me saying he enjoyed the stream and that if I have any questions about it I should ask him or post here.

I ended up asking him if he'd ever like to join in the stream either in the Skype call or in the chat one day and he said he was interested. After a bit of talking back and forth he directed me to this exact part of the forum and said I should post here to ask if any other Developers would be interested in joining in. So here I am, asking who else would be interested!

If you'd like a bit of background on myself before you make a decision, my username on youtube is "medraut567" though I go by "MahDryBread". Searching either will result in finding my videos. My youtube is oddly enough my full time job as I'm partnered with Fullscreen and I've been doing a video a day for just over 2 years now. I'm a big turn based and real time strategy gamer with Civilization 4 being one of my favourites. I also co-host a weekly charity stream every friday from 5 till 7 PM EST named "Pass the Controller Please".

I hope to hear back soon. Have a nice day.

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Thanks for making this post. Yeah I am interested in discussing stuff. Though I am more comfortable typing than actually speaking and/or being on camera. I am sure others would be interested in talking about C2C. Oh and here is his YouTube Channel

MahDryBread
    http://www.youtube.com/user/medraut567

3. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

Groovy! You might want to direct other Modders to this post. I worry it will quickly get lost in the many posts.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Interesting... I'd be willing to interview but the best method would be via PM or something here so that it does not require a real time arrangement.

5. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

Well, it's not exactly an interview. I was hoping to get some of you guys in on the next time I stream the game so you could talk more about the game, how it's made, tips on it, all that good stuff. Either in the call or typing in the live chat. You could also interact with the other fans in the chat that way!

Also this is of course all recorded and uploaded on my channel.

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

So you downloading the latest version of C2C then (which would be v28)?

Note we also have an SVN version but I don't want to confuse you too much. The SVN is constantly being upgraded everyday. So if you want the very latest version then use that. However it can sometime be buggy and unbalanced due to request updates of untested content. A week before the release we try to iron out any bugs from the last cycle. C2C v29 should be out sometime in March.

7. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

I just downloaded version 28 maybe 30 minutes ago, so I'll make sure to have that all set up before the stream. Is there any major updates in it I should know about?

8. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Hmm lets see. Sorry if I am foggy on whats in what version since it all big update to me. I think v28 had the big change in leader Traits where you could pick them as you go. Thunderbrd could explain more about it since he made it.

EDIT: Here are some screenshots

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

9. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

That sounds very interesting! I'll make sure to play some of it tomorrow to try and learn the new things.

10. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

11. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

That's the link of the weekly charity stream (That goes live in an hour today, if you want to stop by). My personal stream that this would take place on is http://www.twitch.tv/mahdrybread

12. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Oh I thought we were going to chat during your weekly charity stream today.

13. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

No no. I'm sorry for the confusion. I was thinking we could work out a time and day that works for anyone who wants to be there and we'd do it on my own personal stream.

14. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Well the time of day is fine for me. Just let me know about a day. I am guessing not Fridays. ;)

15. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

How does this Sunday look for you?

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You should post when its taking place and how to join the chat. I can't make promises on this but I'd love to show up if its taking place when I'm available.

17. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

It doesn't have a set time or date yet, we are still working that one out. It's simply a Twitch.tv stream so to join the chat you just make a Twitch account. It's free.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What I meant by post when its taking place was a little misleading, I admit. I mean when you're doing this, or about to, post here to let us know. I often check in here, every 30 min or so when I'm home and modding, which is a lot of the time especially over the weekend. But I'm married and my wife has her own scheduling for us at times and I tend to 'go with the flow' whatever that may be. So I don't want to make any promises but if you're in-progress or about to be I can go and try to join ya - aka: if I'm available, I'll be there.

19. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Normally I would say yes, but I have family over this weekend.

20. MahDryBread

MahDryBread Warlord

How does Monday look?