Open Role Play Challenge: Atlantis!

madscientist

RPC Supergenius
Welcome to the next of my open RPC games, where I post a save, set you up with a challenge, and get to sit back watch everyone have fun! These games are for you to play out and enjoy! Have fun.

Here we have the mighty mythical kingdom of Atlantis, led by the oldest of leader, the God-King Gilgamesh! Lush and properous is the land of Atlantis, and separated from the outside world! Yes, Atlantis is isolated in the middle of an ocean! It is paradise, however there are chalenges to keep it a paradise and away from those jealous of Atlantean Glory!

The rules of the game

1) You are isolated! And you must stay that way! This means no Atlantean citizan can step foot on another land, and you also must keep enemy forces off your Utopia.

2) Because of rule #1 you are limited to peaceful victory condtions. NO army may leave the shores of your continent, and this includes missionaries, great people and spies!

3) However, you are entitled to build as large a navy as your see fit, providing NO troops enter the ships!

4) Otherwise all normal trade is allowed!

5) Being the advanced Atlanteans, you do have a superior "edge" over your opponents, but you must find this yourself! (unless you open my spoilers below!)

For those who want a littel "foresight" and hints as to what to ecpect, peer into my spoilers, if you dare

Spoiler :

There are two other continents in addition to your paradise

1) Land of the Zealots include Isabella, Saladin, and Justinian!

2) Land of the War-Mongers include Genghis Khan, Shaka, and Tokugawa!

There is NO uranium in teh world, thus this is also a test to see if there is NO global warming if there is not Nuclear power plants!

There are only 2 sources of oil, and you have them both!

So let's take a peak at PARADISE

You still have the same abilities as Summeria, so you are Creative and Protective and start with the wheel and agriculture.

May the blessings of the Atlantean Gods be with you.

One final note, please remember to post games in quotes!

PS: Thanks to TheMeInTeam's excellent article on saving games as worldbuilders and modifying the worldbuilder save! This way you do NOT know your rivals and can adjust game speed and difficulty to taste. I made no modifications to the leaders bonus's though. You need unzip the file, I suggest right clicking and using the extract files under 7-zip, and if you have any difficulty go to MIT's thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=322396

Yes, thanks to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)'s excellent article on saving games, I can play this! :goodjob:

Seriously, I will attempt to do this now that I have little to do (it's summer)!

Good to see you're still posting things, typos galore! Thanks Mad, I might try this one actually! :goodjob:

Yes, thanks to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)'s excellent article on saving games, I can play this! :goodjob:

Seriously, I will attempt to do this now that I have little to do (it's summer)!

Proper credit has been given to TheMeInTeam instead of the Massechucetts of technology scooping his work! :lol:

Proper credit has been given to TheMeInTeam instead of the Massechucetts of technology scooping his work! :lol:

I've been (deliberately) confused with worse things before :lol:.

I grew kind of fond of isolation over time with all the LHC games...still not my preferred start but for a person like me it's very much a change of pace.

The rules are interesting. If an AI goes for culture it will be a pain.

Anyway what difficulty is this INTENDED to be played? I'll probably just do EMP since that's the standard for your RPC's lately.

A couple of things to note about this game; for some reason the final game date is set at 1910, I'm not sure if this was cause I was playing on epic speed or some other reason.

Spoiler :
Also, it appears the ai can still get uranium through the random mine event unless you missed one:mischief:.

@ Steve250! Spoilers my friend! The second sentence belongs in spoilers!

Spoiler :

I may have missed a uranium source and probably did! I am also aware that teh AI may "pop" a Uranium source, but so is the risk and challenge. Atlantis may yet fall into the sea!

Not sure about the date thing. I probably fouled up the worldbuilder save once again! But hey with 52 leaders to play as Open Challenges I figure I'lll get it right by the last one (maybe :hmm:)

@ TMIT

I believe I set it up for Monarch. I am currently playing it out in emperor/standard speed. My guess is that you could handle Immortal if you wanted.

fixed the WB save for you MS :p

Attachments

• Atlantis!.rar
    14.4 KB · Views: 169
You would :eek: than :faint: than :run: :p

Just for the record
Code:
MaxTurns=500
or any other number besides 0 will set a hardcoded limit of turns to the game. And you may find that 500 turns on Epic or Marathon speed a little wanting ;)

Just for the record
Code:
MaxTurns=500
or any other number besides 0 will set a hardcoded limit of turns to the game. And you may find that 500 turns on Epic or Marathon speed a little wanting ;)

:cry: What did I do :cry:

Hmmmm, perhaps nest open RPC I slap up a save and let everyone else make the changes!

hmm ... enemy forces ... does that include the stray Caravel with Missionary in it?

Unfortunately, I ran into the maxturns problem in the late 19th century on epic speed, and I'll be about 10 turns from a cultural win (around 1920AD) before it runs out. :cry:

Fortunately, my play was unbelievably sloppy for a culture win, so I'll play again. :lol:

hmm ... enemy forces ... does that include the stray Caravel with Missionary in it?

Yep. Missionaries may not leave paradise! Your caravels may proceed to taunt the enemy as mush as you want!

the other way around MS ... other's Missionaries :p

the other way around MS ... other's Missionaries :p

Yeah, that's fine. Atlanteans are rather open minded and tolerant of others faith. In fact nothing wrong with opening up the Atleantean Tourist business for any foreign units providing tehy are not trying to burn your cities down!

goodie ... was affaid that i had to keep one of my cities without religion :p

Just for the record
Code:
MaxTurns=500

Ah, I reread TMITs article and see my error :suicide:

Top Bottom