1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Opening build order?

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by NaZdReG, Aug 1, 2008.

1. NaZdReG

NaZdReG Warmonger

Just wanted to see what everyone else has been doing.

I tend to go warrior, warrior, boat, settler (hoping that its my 2nd settler for passing 100 gold)

I tend to get a lot of the international water explored, and pick up those huts.
    having the early boat also helps with land grabbing on the islands which seem to be juiced up when it comes to their terrain

what is everyone else doing?

NaZ

2. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Chieftain

I do something pretty similar.

3. Aden52

Aden52 Chieftain

I tend to do much the same. Usually I build 3 warriors (sometimes 4, depending on the map) then a galley. After the galley I turn production into a building/wonder. Even if I don't plan on building it, I'll keep the production stock piled. I generally don't build many settlers.

In fact, on my last game at diety I never built a single settler. I just got my free settler from 100g, then took other cities over to expand. Won the game with a culture victory as Egypt, but I could have gone for economic as well.

4. apost8

apost8 Apostasy Enthusiast

I've been playing mostly multiplayer, and my build order depends on if I am next to an agressive civ or not.

If I spawn near the aztecs, zulus or arabs, I'll do three warriors, (enough to form an army if warriors show up at my door) go all out research for bronze working while trying to get 100 gold from huts, then build archers to defend against the expected rush.

If I am isolated or surrounded by more peaceful civs, I will only build two warriors, then go all out research for alphabet while collecting huts and rush build a library as soon as I get my free settler.

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Chieftain

I tend to follow the same build path: warrior, warrior, boat, and then depending on the situation I might build another warrior, building, or settler if I haven't reached 100 gold by that point.

6. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Warrior, warrior, warrior, warrior, warrior, warrior, warrior...