Opening City Tile Strategy

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Here is a very common scenario I see when playing. 2 3F tiles and then a few 1F 2P tiles.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-2-7_19-40-57.png

This is on a planned progress build. I generally work the food up to pop 3, now my question do you:

1) Keep working both 3f tiles to get to pop 4 as quick as possible.
2) Move the 3F over to 1F 2P to get the monument out 1 turn quicker and then shift back to 3F.

I have generally been doing 1, but wanted some high level thoughts on whether that little bit of extra culture is worth a slightly slower production and a slightly delayed shrine.

Also, when you get a little extra money like this, its possible to gold rush the shrine. Do you general do that, or wait and rush buy a worker a bit quicker?

1) Keep working both 3f tiles to get to pop 4 as quick as possible.
2) Move the 3F over to 1F 2P to get the monument out 1 turn quicker and then shift back to 3F.
I feel very strongly that 2 is overall the correct play. The main exception would be if you really wanted to pick tradition and wanted to reach 4 pop before the turn you claim the social policy. I'm not sure if #2 makes the shrine slower either.

But really the best thing is a bit of both, switch between the two to push out the next citizen or next building a bit earlier. The enhanced UI is really good for this, it does a ton of math for you.

Also, when you get a little extra money like this, its possible to gold rush the shrine. Do you general do that, or wait and rush buy a worker a bit quicker?
Generally, I like worker buy but both are good ideas and there isn't a wrong choice. Depends on the order you want to take progress policies, which pantheon you are considering, and if you can rush the incense monopoly.

If you go for Tradition, focus on making sure you hit pop 4 before the tradition opener, if going for authority/progress, I'd go with 1f2p immediately with your 2nd citizen.

I almost always gold-rush the shrine as my 2nd building because getting a shrine 4-5 turns earlier can mean the difference in getting my desired pantheon and getting a (n earlier) religion or not.

Depending on when you picked up the cash, it might have been worthwhile to switch production over to shrine for a few turns so you could hurry the monument. Still gets you the shrine on the same turn as if you wait to hurry it, but you get the monument sooner. I agree that 1f 2p makes sense from the 2nd citizen unless you're taking Tradition. With Progress or Authority I think early buildings > early citizens.

Top Bottom