Operation Seelowe / Fall of France

Glorthoron

Warlord
Could you possibly set it up so that operation seelowe will, once researched, activate after the fall of mainland French cities rather than the defeat of France as a whole? Otheriwise there are several cities in Africa and the MIddle East that need to be conquered as well before it will activate, and that is a pain in the arse. :cringe:

Additional: I am not playing with scripted events as it causes my computer to crash.

IIRC Seelowe is available only if scripted events are on.

IIRC Seelowe is available only if scripted events are on.

Good to know. Are you aware that Seelowe is researchable when scripted events are off?

hmmm... :think:

well, okay, another reason to fix that "fall of..." crash :D

you tell me, "fall of.." events have never crashed on my computer, that's the reason it's a bit difficult for me to fix.

Does Seelowe ever end? I've been playing as britain in 1939 map, and it almost been a year of the germans launching more and more units. Is there some sort of cut off? I mean any troops that land (and my submarines get most) are quickly destroyed. Im at the stage where the russians have declared war and the germans just launched another wave of troops. Its kind of annoying as it means all my materials are being used up, with no upgrades and all my ships and aircraft are being whittled away.

Is it possible to cancel the operation after war with Soviet union begins? It would make more sense, as germany cancelled invasion plans to prepare for operation barberossa. Perhaps it could be made available again if the USSR is defeated.

They should stop if they start to really lose ground to USSR.

But yes, this will need to be reworked at some point, it's a reinforcement route, not an invasion plan, and I must add a check to prevent sending troops if there is no beach head to reinforce...

Okay! I decided to have a stab at the lua logs and I think I have a couple of solutions.

Both of these should go under the GermanyReinforcementToUK() function under ScriptEuro1940

Firstly:

Spoiler :
if UKIsSafe() then
Dprint (" - Beachead not established, unable to reinforce...", bDebug)
return false
end

This one is pretty simple, just using the already existing function UKIsSafe. In theory it should check the rectangle of hex's set out in the function to test whether or not a british mainland tile no longer belongs to the UK (so should work for anyone they are at war with, so it should work with countries like Italy or others). If so, and if the other checks pass, it should then allow for reinforcements sent from Germany. This is probably the better of the two.

Im not as confident about this one, but her it is.

Spoiler :
if friendInUK > 1 then
Dprint (" - but Axis ("..friendInUK..") have no units in UK, can't reinforce...", bDebug)
return false
end

This should go at the end of the fuction, so that it uses the already defined local variable. Unlike the last solution this should check whether or not an actual unit exists on UK mainland, so in that way its probably better that the last. However it will only work for German units, so alternate history or ambitious italians would'nt count.

I'll try to test this myself but if anyone could help that would be great. Also I'm not too confident with the code (especially the second solution) so if gedemon or anyone else could give it a quick look over that would be nice too.

first one is good I think, for the second you'll have to use this comparison:

Code:
	if friendInUK < 1 then	
		Dprint ("   - but Axis ("..friendInUK..") have no units in UK, can't reinforce...", bDebug)
		return false
	end

should be good this way.

if it works correctly, it will stop sending reinforcement as soon as there are no unit left on UK, even if there is still territory there.

you may want to still use the first one, so Germany can send troops in UK if they hold a city without units left.

Thanks for looking it over. Sound that your right, the first one would be best. I'll try testing them out but it might be a few days due to real life stuff.

I finally decided to try it out. The UKIsSafe function seems to work, but apparently it takes a few turns to take effect or something, since a couple of turns after the last paratrooper was killed off they launched a wave across the channel. But after that they stayed quiet, and that was before they eastern front started. Though they still attacked full on with their air force.

Top Bottom