Opinion Poll - Confirmation Poll - Length of Poll

How long should a confirmation poll be open?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
To resolve a deadlock on an issue, it was suggested to bring that issue to a poll. There are two parts to the question, this is the second poll.

Link to Discussion

Citizens, how long should confirmation polls last?

Option 1 - 72 hours, meaning the confirmation poll will have a duration of 3 days.

Option 2 - 96 hours, meaning the confirmation poll will have a duration of 4 days.

Other - You have another preference, please post it.

Abstain - You have no preference.

The option with the most votes at the conclusion of the poll will be used in the amendment. If Other wins, a discussion will commence on how to resolve the matter.

This poll is public, and will run for 48 hours.

I vote 72 hours, but only if the clause where they may conduct buisness is included

Why isn't the original law, 48 hours, included as an option in this thread? It seems a bit odd to relegate it to 'other.'

Where is the 48 hour option? No matter what compromises we wish to make, we should always include the current law as a poll choice.

That said, I voted Other. 48 hours is plenty of time to confirm an appointment during a 30-odd day term.

EDIT: Crosspost with Veera.

I'll tell ya what we do. Since Curufinwe wants 48 hours and Donovan Zoi want 48 hours we'll let 'em have it their way. Now, 48 hours plus 48 hours is 96 hours, right? :mischief:

Options listed here were those expressed in the discussion thread.

If you prefer 48, please vote Other.

-- Ravensfire

I have voted for 72 hours. Clearly there is a balance to be struck between losing the interest of those who want a fairly quick game and preventing the involvement of those who can't commit quite as much time.

Personally, I think being able to take a couple of days off in a week is reasonable. Confirmation polls are important and I think everyone should be given the best opportunity to vote.

Those who feel an absence of fun while the poll is open can always join to RPG or consider a legal career :)

Oldbus said:
I have voted for 72 hours. Clearly there is a balance to be struck between losing the interest of those who want a fairly quick game and preventing the involvement of those who can't commit quite as much time.

Personally, I think being able to take a couple of days off in a week is reasonable. Confirmation polls are important and I think everyone should be given the best opportunity to vote.

Those who feel an absence of fun while the poll is open can always join to RPG or consider a legal career :)
Well, the proposed amendment allows the candidate to use the powers of the office while the confirmation poll is running:goodjob:

i voted other, shouldnt you always include the original law in a new poll ratifying it, even if it hasnt been mentioned in the discussion thread?

I think 72 hours is the perefect comprise if the clause about them working during the poll is added. It allows many people to see it, and get the issue resolved semi-quickly while not stalling the DG

Top Bottom