1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion Poll - Do we want to launch a German Offensive?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Polls' started by ice2k4, Aug 8, 2006.

?

Do we want to launch a German offensive?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2006.
  1. Yes

69.2%
  2. No

15.4%
  3. Abstain

15.4%
  1. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

2. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

This offencive is going to need alot of preparing and we need to commit our economy to it.

3. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

I voted no until we can see what troops we can group together.

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I'm willing to say in this non-binding poll that we do need to consider an offensive against Germany. That path won't lead to a victory by itself, but Bismarck's actions have shown us that we need to pick our time and place before he picks his. We can't focus fully on economic issues without being secure first.

We don't want to cripple either of our neighbors. We want them as trading partners, but need our position to be one of strength.

5. Sweetacshon

Sweetacshon In the foetal position

I am quite undecided on this. I think it is a bad idea to go to war for revenge. Even though we were thinking about taking Berlin earlier (how on earth did Bismark find out about that? His pre-emptive strike was actually warranted, unlike a certain recent RL war ;)) If some of you experienced warmongers could tell me if Germany would be willing to accept peace after we take Berlin, or how long Bismark will hold his grudge? Are we constantly going to be looking over our shoulder, and will he try to attract overseas allies against us? Is it too late and he already hates us?

6. robboo

robboo Deity

Well one thign to consider is how do we plan on winning. If we plan a domination route then we need to hit them hard, capture everything and then do the same to Russia.

If we want a diplo win..we better learn the finer points of butt kisssing.

7. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

His pre-emptive strike was actually warranted, unlike a certain recent RL war ;)
    I agree. Poverty didn't have any plans on attacking the US. We need to stop the War on Poverty. :p

Well one thign to consider is how do we plan on winning.
    I voted the first time that we shouldn't worry about winning and just worry about playing and having fun.

8. robboo

robboo Deity

Fun went out the window when people started arguing over private or public polls. IF we want fun...lets draft an amendment getting rid of the judges.

**pours gas on fire and runs*****

9. Sweetacshon

lol Rob :thumbsup:

Speaking of german offensives, Great scientists, and what not, are we actually going to play some turns soon? It's been, what, 27 days since the last TC? Is there something holding us up, other than the i's undotted in the CoL?

10. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

I played one turn not to long ago.

11. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

I'm choosing to abstain. I've stated my arguments which led to the discussion which led to the poll, and as I said there I think it is very close to call.

BTW, about the TC, there will be one soon (probably Sunday). I've been without access for 2 days & I also thought that the discussion about the GS was worth waiting for (especially as it was about the game itself, rather than how we play the DG)

12. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

The judges would never pass it through the judial review

13. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Wanna bet? I'd laugh my backside off at it, and as long as both the COL and Constitution were amended, send it on!

There's nothing wrong with giving the people exactly what they ask for, and then letting them deal with the consequences! Except, of course, too many people here DON'T want to deal with it, they just want to whine over and over about the same thing.

-- Ravensfire

14. Sweetacshon

:) Yeah, I'm not saying anyone's at fault, but 1 turn per month is a little slow for me.

15. robboo

robboo Deity

Well after tomorrow it will be 11 turns in a 13 days. That sucks.