optics and huts

civzombie

Prince
I am playing a game as a shoshone. I can see some ruins on an island, which I will be able to get if I study optics, turn my pathfind into a boat, and move to the island.

Will I still be able to pop tech from the ruin (so long as it has been three huts since my last tech pop)?

To put the question another way, do huts stop yielding tech at a certain time period. Many civ versions ago, I remember that huts could yield any pre-astronomy tech, but not post-astronomy tech.

And for that matter, what about the free faith?

I'm pretty sure MadDjinn said in his preview that only ancient era techs can be found in an ancient ruin. Also the faith ruins are either enough to get a pantheon or 1/3 of a great prophet.

And once you found a religion, you don't get Faith from ruins any more.

The only good choice for mid-late game Pathfinders is +pop. The Gold and Culture rewards don't scale up with the eras.

It will fill in the Ancient techs you have not done even if you are in Classical Era, but that's as far as it goes. Tried it out yesterday in a 3 Civ Marathon on Huge Earth map. I filled out all of the Ancient techs by t100 or so and had 1 or 2 in Classical from actual research .

If I remember correctly faith stops becoming an option at a certain point as well, maybe around the time you found the religion.

Top Bottom