Optimal Settings..?

xun33kx

Chieftain
What are the best game settings/map type to use for GEM?

When I play GnK, no mods, I usually play with these settings:

Pangaea Plus/Continents Plus/Sandstorm (Jungle gfx tiles really slow down my laptop :gripe:)

Small or Tiny (Sometimes Standard, depends on my patience level... :crazyeye:)

Epic speed (I like the game flow, it seems to be the most balanced; Overall, GPT/Culture/Research turn times, etc. flow pretty well. Standard build times seem too fast in comparison to some other aspects. Marathon is fun to play also-But, workers build time seems way too long unless you get the Pyramids or dive into the Liberty tree [or both :D])

I play with Promotion & Policy saving.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, I usually play Legendary Start or Abundant.
---------------------------------
I remember VEM before GnK came out and I didn't/couldn't play without it. When they released the Beta version, I just had to play it, and when I did, honestly, was a little let down. Mostly with the turn times/lag, so I haven't played again until they brought it out of the Beta.

What are the best game settings to use?
-I have not completed a game with it yet, but have played with settings a little bit, and some stuff seems to me, a little buggy with turn times and the like. I know prior, you could play with any settings, any way you wanted. In the ReadMe file, I'm pretty sure it says just play with standard settings on everything.

So, I just wanted to ask people who play it constantly and put the miles on it, what's the optimal settings?

I think it plays pretty well on Standard size, normal speed, Continents or Continents+.

I played on Epic once, but some turn times just seemed to be way out of line.

Does it run along (in time) with GnK, with no mods...?

I play normal, Standard Map, generally continents or archipelago depending on my mood.

Promotion&culture saving sounds to me a bit of cheating, exploiting and it's unrealistic.
I've never tried on Epic, it may be more realistic and balanced but standard speed force you to make wiser decisions and predictions, time limitation is harsher.Others features: large, continent, quick combat. Recently I am trying to prevail militarily on immortal difficulty level.
Also I am considering turning on an option that make AI leaders more unpredictible (it's called somehow I don't remember now) but on the other side it may weaken AI performance, e.g. agressive AI won't use its advantages in the warfare and will develop peacefully. How do you think about this? I care for realism and challenge.

I play Standard or Large Maps/ Continents + / Epic Speed.

Standard just goes too fast. Don't have time to play with units before they are obsolete. IMO.

I play large maps, epic, continents+

I think thal said he balances based off, epic speed, large maps and standard speed, normal maps

Top Bottom