Optimal Teddy Play

mad hadder

Chieftain
Hey all, longtime lurker here. I’m just looking for tips for optimal play as Teddy, particularly while going for a cultural victory. I’ve been playing through a Bull Moose Teddy run today (with the new update, of course), but I’ve found myself struggling with hammers and great person generation. Science was really strong (is a SV actually better with the new Teddy changes??). Been playing deity on huge continents.

For context, I just won my first deity CV with Russia (it was laughably easy), and I figured that, even though America isn’t on Russia’s level, it wouldn’t be as slow as it is. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

A related question would be - is it possible to win a decently fast CV while deriving most of your tourism from national parks / archaeological museums / seaside resorts and less of a focus on GP generation / rock bands?

The key to CV is understanding that each extra turn it takes to get to X tourism means other civs have got extra culture.
So the faster you can get it the better but also the more you can deny others culture the better.
Allowing other civs all the GW is just asking for trouble.
Oracle and Pingala together really helps GP.
You can also buy GW if you have the cash.
Sure you can win with just resorts but you need a lot of the, to do so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom