oral hygiene

Laughing Gull

charts, graphs, databases
please describe what sorts of oral hygiene products you use, and your habits as related to the use of those products.

ME:

Crest multicare + whitening toothpaste
OralB toothbrush with the gun-massaging nodules
Listerine Orange flavor.
J&J waxed mint flavor floss

I brush thoroughly (5-10 minutes) every morning, and I rinse with Listerine twice daily for over a minute each time. I floss about 3 times per week. I used to floss more, but the recent introduction of Listerine into my routine has made flossing not as important.

Listerene is not very good for your mouth or breath. The alcohol evaporates more quickly leaving your mouth drier, and more prone to bacterial growth.

I brush twice daily with whatever happens to be on my bathroom counter.

I suppose I should floss... but that takes too much effort.

Oral B Cross-action toothbrush, twice a day, once when I wake up, once before I go to bed. I know I'm supposed to do it more, but it doesn't make sense to brush my teeth if I'm just going to eat again. Crest Whitening toothpaste.
Listerine original, also twice a day.
Floss, only when I have stuff stuck in my teeth. I know I should more often, but it's hard to get into the habit.
Overall, I should probably do more, but I've never had a cavity and my breath is always minty because I have an addiction to Altoids.

BassDude726 said:
Oral B Cross-action toothbrush, twice a day, once when I wake up, once before I go to bed. I know I'm supposed to do it more, but it doesn't make sense to brush my teeth if I'm just going to eat again. Crest Whitening toothpaste.
Listerine original, also twice a day.
Floss, only when I have stuff stuck in my teeth. I know I should more often, but it's hard to get into the habit.
Overall, I should probably do more, but I've never had a cavity and my breath is always minty because I have an addiction to Altoids.

Altoids also are not very good for your mouth or breath. The sugar permeates your saliva and creates a breeding ground for bacteria, as well as dries out your mouth.

The best solution for bad breath is drinking a healthy amount of water. Gum stimulates your saliva glands, and is second best, allthough it should be sugar free.

Jeez Neomega... what do you have against mint-scented/flavored oral hygeine products???

For the record, my breath has never suffered from altoids. They're kind of essential for me, considering the amount of coffee I drink. I'll take altoid-scented breath over coffee-scented breath.

I brush twice a day with a supermarket own brand toothbrush and Colgate Total toothpaste, don't floss or use mouthwash or anything, spit not swallow, and insist he uses a condom (it's just good hygiene).

Toothbrush, one. Pack of toothpaste, one. One brush a day.

Maybe twice if I'm feeling really gross. But I don't see the point of brushing in the morning, if you brush at night. Oh, and I have braces, I'll probably have to worry about how my teeth look when they're off.

cgannon64 said:
Oh, and I have braces, I'll probably have to worry about how my teeth look when they're off.

you are correct. when my wife was younger. she had braces. when they pulled them off, pieces of her teeth went with them. so, she had to get 4 caps in front. Itw as because she didn't EXTRA special care of her teeth while having braces. People with braces need to brush/floss/pick at their teeth 2x as often as non-braces wearing people...otherwise they stand a good chance of negating the desired effects of braces with a smile that looks like the surface of the moon.

There was a time when I swore by Jack Daniels and Jack Daniels only! Now it's crest and listerine

Laughing Gull said:
you are correct. when my wife was younger. she had braces. when they pulled them off, pieces of her teeth went with them. so, she had to get 4 caps in front. Itw as because she didn't EXTRA special care of her teeth while having braces. People with braces need to brush/floss/pick at their teeth 2x as often as non-braces wearing people...otherwise they stand a good chance of negating the desired effects of braces with a smile that looks like the surface of the moon.

Aw...****. :mad:

i try to brush at twice a say, i have one of them special electrical toothbrushes that tells me when i have brushed for long enough.

I brush twice a day, not thoroughly and not for long (maybe 20 seconds), plus I use mouthwash in the morning (I think it's a generic version of Scope) and a flouride rinse in the evening, and I don't have either in my mouth for long. I've never had a cavity with that, and I had braces for two years. My orthodontist loves to complain about my poor dental hygeine. She at one point asked me, "What can I do to make you brush more thoroughly?" to which I responded, "Convince me that my teeth are rotting out of my head." That shut her up pretty quickly. ;)

Top Bottom