1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orcs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Nomad or What, May 23, 2014.

1. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

Orc series. New units will be added as they are made available. Source art from FFH II and Warhammer mods and Deliverator's Orc Spearman unit.

Completed:

Orc Warrior, uses Civ V warrior animations and effects. EDIT: Improved details.

Spoiler :

Orc Axeman, uses Civ V Jaguar animations and effects. EDIT: Improved details.

Spoiler :

Orc Swordsman, uses Civ V Pictish Warrior (G&K) animations and effects. EDIT: Improved details.

Spoiler :

Orc Maceman, uses Civ V Longswordsman animations and effects.

Spoiler :

Orc Longswordsman, uses Civ V Longswordsman animations and effects.

Spoiler :

Orc Champion, uses Civ V Swordsman animations and effects.

Spoiler :

Orc Berserker; multi-mesh, uses Civ V Berserker [DLC] animation and effects.

Spoiler :

Orc Warg Rider; multi-mesh, uses Civ V Spanish Conquistador animations and source art for spear, sword, and sheath.

Spoiler :

Orc Lizard Rider; multi-mesh, uses Civ V Hakkapeliitta animations. Has custom sounds, ranged attack effects, and team color. Three orc varieties: green, red, and taupe.

Spoiler :

Orc Archer, multi-mesh, uses Civ V Barbarian Archer animations and source art for bow and quiver. Three skins; green, red, and tan with teamcolor. Custom sounds replace human vox with orc sounds from Neverwinter Nights.

Spoiler :

Orc Settler, uses Civ V animations. Nine units altogether; 3 female, 4 male, 1 child, and a lizard with rider. All units use the African Settler animations, effects, and source art; lizard and rider use some basic Spanish Conquistador animations (no weapons).

Spoiler :

Orc Worker; multi-mesh, uses Civ V Worker animations and worker_euro_diff.dds art for the tools.

Spoiler :

Orc Skin - Red; warrior, axeman, swordsman, longswordsman, maceman, champion, berserker, warg rider, and worker.

Spoiler :

Orc Skin - Tan (Taupe); warrior, axeman, swordsman, longswordsman, maceman, champion, berserker, warg rider, worker, slave, and slaver.

Spoiler :

Orc Slaver and Slave (both skins); Slaver uses 5 custom animations wielding a whip; slaves use CiV worker animations and are bound in chains. Link directs to the Slavery Units discussion thread.

Anticipated:

Orc Boar Rider
    Orc Crossbowman
    Orc Scout
    Orc Hunter
    Orc Shaman

Additional units upon request. Most will use existing Civ V unit animations when possible.

2. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Gah, you got there first;). I've done a similar version of the warrior, with the barbarian club which is spikier and more orc-y than the little ax yours is holding... with orcs, I'd advise using the vanilla barbarian weapons where possible.
    Just some thoughts, and if you want I can upload my version of the warrior.

3. Nomad or What

Got where first? I believe you already started an Orc line for Warhammer.... Besides, you are still busy with the dragon (and fixing the Kraken) and Pazyryk is needing these for his Heldeofol lineup.

It's a warrior so I am not being elaborate with the gear. I want the appearance to be more impressive and dramatic as it progresses. I didn't want to use the default club because it is too typical; this is a club with bone spikes which better captures the essence of an Orc than a simple wooden club.

Also, the orc line for Warhammer has a different appearance. They are very bold and detailed but the head is too cartoonish for my taste. This will be an alternate variation for those who may want something different. Since Pazyryk stated that he liked Deliverator's Orc Spearman unit that is the appearance I chose.

You could easily adapt this line for Warhammer so as not to duplicate efforts; just take the Warhammer orc face and insert the mesh over this orc's head. Change the weapon to your particular taste, then...done!

4. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

Looking forward to this series. The warrior looks great! I'm going to be going offline (mostly) for the next two weeks. But I'll check back here when I'm back to see if these are ready for playable race.

5. Nomad or What

I can't wait for the latest Éa update! Hopefully, these will be ready by then.

6. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Whoaaa... I love the axeman! I think I'll steal the skull for a Beastman Bray-shaman staff or standard, actually... could you try the Worker next? I'll be interested to see how the different tools work, since my attempt at making an elven worker failed dismally.

7. Nomad or What

I plan on finishing the infantry line first and then doing the goblin settler next. That should be enough to make the Heldeofol playable. I can try to tackle workers (goblin & orc) after that, though.

Personally I will not use worker units for my mod; quasi-barbarian units will be unable to use any workers except for ones they capture. But in order to complete the line for all to use they are still a necessary unit.

Feel free to use the axeman or any other unit here in any way you wish :).

8. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Omigosh... with that longswordsman, you may get a lot of LOTR fans/modders pestering you.

9. Nomad or What

Hehe, wait 'til you see the Orc Champion....

10. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

11. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

that champion is terrific !

12. yenyang

yenyang Chieftain

Thank you so much for doing this. I don't have the skills for doing models and my mod will benefit greatly from your contributions. It's called Middle Earth Civilizations by the way. There are only a few LOTR modders but there are thousands of users, so for all of them I thank you again.
    @Civitar Thank you too. My next update will at least be using your Elf Archer. I couldn't get the elf horseman to download though. I got an empty zip file.

13. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

@yenyang: Yikes! I forgot to copy the unit's files into the zip... I have fixed it now, thank you very much for reporting that. Welcome to CivFanatics!

14. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

15. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

I think you can do it just by adjusting the colors on the .dds file? I'm trying to do that with one of the goblin units to make some little "demons", although I haven't had a chance to test it yet...

16. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Look in the tutorials forum, Nutty has a quickie tutorial on reskinning that worked fine for me.

17. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

18. Nomad or What

Orc Berserker added, using the Uruk-hai armor and dual swords. I added additional spikes and coated them and the swords in blood to give the unit a distinct look. Enjoy! :)

EDIT: Also added an Orc Warg Rider.

19. Nomad or What

20. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

I like the shirtless Orc girls... great unit again Nomad. :D