1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Order ship back to Europe?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by henryMCVII, Sep 29, 2008.

1. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Chieftain

It happens to me in Europe Port, I was sending my caravell to New World by a mistake (just pressing the wrong button). Unlike Colonize (the Oringinal) there seems to be no option, for ordering my ship back to Europe? So I have to wait until it is reaching New World an then send it back? :(

Why is this, or am I wrong here?

2. woodelf

woodelf Bard

This is annoying. I do it 2 or 3 times a game. Most of the time it's my fault that I assume the colonist I dragged into the ship actually went into the ship. By the time I realize my mistake I have a half full ship and colonist waiting on the docks still. Very annoying and it should be easily fixable.

3. mzprox

mzprox Chieftain

yes it's annoying.
    ((btw: is there a quick key and if yes which one to send a ship directly to europe?))

4. mostly-harmless

mostly-harmless Chieftain

I can only chime in here as well. Very annoying.
    I hope enough of those posts will make this issue being addressed in a patch.

mh

5. dalgo

dalgo Chieftain

When you select a ship one of the options is 'Sail to Europe'. The icon is a ship with a white arrow underneath it. Or you can just use Ctrl + E.

6. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Chieftain

Ctrl + e, I think.

Oups, pressed send button much to late... :D

7. mzprox

mzprox Chieftain

Thansk for the answers :) ( i played colonization whole weekend without knowing stuff like this (always manually send the ships, do the trasports manually etc.. but at least i won on governor difficulty :) )