Organ Donation -- Your Thoughts?

Are You Currently or Planning To Be An Organ Donor?

• Total voters

Verarde

Pondering Wearing A Hat
So, for Driver's Ed today, I had to write a letter to my parents about my feelings on organ donation. I had just read the textbook chapter on the topic, and it certainly seems like it is a worthy thing and quite honorable.
However, the thought of possibly lying there in my casket, "incomplete" as it were, kinda distresses me.

So, CFC, I would like to get your opinions here. Are you an organ donor? What do you think of the process? If you are not yet driving, are you interested in being an organ donor?

Thanks!

I'm more partial to having my ashes mixed with dragons blood and sold in Chinatown alleyways meself.

Give me one good logical reason not to be an organ donor.

I am. I remember my mother trying to talk me out of it - "someone might kill you to take your organs!" she told me. :p

Give me one good logical reason not to be an organ donor.

Carlin said it best when he noted that medical professionals may not provide proper care to a dying person marked as an organ donor in the interests of obtaining said person's organs. After all, a dying person is just one person, whereas his organs could prolong the lives of many. That's logical.

They can pry my kidneys from my cold, dead hands.

Spoiler :
I won't have any further use for them anyways. ;)

Carlin said it best when he noted that medical professionals may not provide proper care to a dying person marked as an organ donor in the interests of obtaining said person's organs. After all, a dying person is just one person, whereas his organs could prolong the lives of many. That's logical.

Fear-mongering with no basis in reality. Lies like these are killing people right now.

I certainly won’t need my organs when I am dead. I’d also like to think that the pain and suffering of my family and friends resulting from my passing would be at least a little bit relieved by the knowledge that through my death I have given the opportunity of life to one or more people.

Organ donation is usually a theoretical exercise for most people, but not so in my family. My uncle is a recipient of donated kidney. Due to a life-long battle with Type I diabetes; he probably wouldn’t be here now if he hadn’t had the transplant. We don’t know who the donor was, or what circumstances caused his kidney to be available for my uncle, but we are certainly grateful for his gift to our family.

I'm a donator.
I wish I get preference for organs if I'll ever need'em but I doubt it. Anyways i think once i'm through with the heart and kidneys and liver, well they aren't gonna be doing too much good for anybody XD

opt out system FTW

Should be an interesting topic for a study to determine statistical correlation. Depending on what I'm dying from, I might not even mind that much.

I would like to be, but due to medical problems my organs are likely close to useless.

I would be a donor, but I don't have any. In fact, I'm probably more focused on finding a donor than being one. After all, I've always enjoyed the thought of being an organ grinder. :)

Im put in as an organ donor but considering my poor health who knows how much use they'll be. But it feels better than having done nothing.

If I'm dying, I'd rather die a few hours earlier and save the lives of many than die a few hours later.

Top Bottom