Orion's Grand Inquisition

I had a problem with the interface a while back. That's fixed, but now I get a lot of error messages in the log every turn, like this:
"Error in EndGameTurn event handler <bound method AutoLogEvent.onEndGameTurn of <autologEventManager.AutoLogEvent object at 0x16C9FA50>>"
What's that about?

I had a problem with the interface a while back. That's fixed, but now I get a lot of error messages in the log every turn, like this:
"Error in EndGameTurn event handler <bound method AutoLogEvent.onEndGameTurn of <autologEventManager.AutoLogEvent object at 0x16C9FA50>>"
What's that about?

I'm very close to a new release (version 3.02) that has multiple items fixed. I'm trying to achieve what other major mods haven't: A mod that will play start to finish even on huge maps. Debugging is proceeding now in a game that is twice the size of a huge map to stress test the mod with thousands of units. Version 3.02 will be worth the wait.

Hi guys, someone can explain me how to install this mod correctly, i have civilization 4 beyond for steam

I'm very close to a new release (version 3.02) that has multiple items fixed. I'm trying to achieve what other major mods haven't: A mod that will play start to finish even on huge maps. Debugging is proceeding now in a game that is twice the size of a huge map to stress test the mod with thousands of units. Version 3.02 will be worth the wait.

Heh. :mischief:. While I salute your bragging rights there OV, there are at least 3 mods that I know of that will play from start to finish on huge + maps. I'm fairly confident that there a few more.... :p

Looking forward to the release of 3.02.

Heh. :mischief:. While I salute your bragging rights there OV, there are at least 3 mods that I know of that will play from start to finish on huge + maps. I'm fairly confident that there a few more.... :p

Looking forward to the release of 3.02.

Perhaps I should revise my comment to say, "what many mods haven't". I'm just getting very excited about this new version, as these changes are play testing well. So much time and thought has been put into each update. OGI will be a little like double your pleasure for Civ4 only far better. So many rare bugs have been fixed. So many new units, buildings and Wonders. The Air war simply can't be ignored. The long range for Nuke bombers make them a major threat. Even Mine Warfare had some major improvements. The AI boost for the expansion mod has been dramatically improved. The AI will now expand quicker and provide a far better challenge. Many may fine they will have to play at a lower level just to have a chance at winning. In my noble test game, I am half way through the super techs and I am not winning. There are several thousand units with 12 Civs. Mine warfare continues to kill off many units friendly and foe alike. This super huge map has been play testing for two days and still going. If no more bugs are found, the release date could be as early as this next week.

What's that about?

I had that issue. While it's harmless, it means that the game's trying to use the logging system which comes with the modpack, and which Orion has left enabled by default. You probably don't need it (it's mostly for debugging, or keeping notes to help with forum writeups) and you can stop it trying by unticking the appropriate box in the BUG options menu (found under one of the new buttons, in the top left).

I had that issue. While it's harmless, it means that the game's trying to use the logging system which comes with the modpack, and which Orion has left enabled by default. You probably don't need it (it's mostly for debugging, or keeping notes to help with forum writeups) and you can stop it trying by unticking the appropriate box in the BUG options menu (found under one of the new buttons, in the top left).

Well doh :eek:, I completely forgot about that being an option in BUG. Thanks for the memory jog pi4t.

Just wanted to say this is a really amazing and creative mod Orion. You have so many good ideas and you take gameplay in directions I would never imagine.

I know this isn't a review of your latest patch but I thought I should say something. ;)

Just wanted to say this is a really amazing and creative mod Orion. You have so many good ideas and you take gameplay in directions I would never imagine.

I know this isn't a review of your latest patch but I thought I should say something. ;)

That is the reaction I was hoping for. With over 12,000 posts, your positive overall assessment may encourage others to play OGI. Thanks for the kind words.

Just finished DL'ing OV. Gonna take her for a spin and see what happens :).

It´s pretty good, but two questions:

a) in my game iron is extremely rare. Is that deliberate ?

b) IIRC the ironworks used to provide iron. Was that ability removed deliberately ?

It´s pretty good, but two questions:

a) in my game iron is extremely rare. Is that deliberate ?

b) IIRC the ironworks used to provide iron. Was that ability removed deliberately ?

a. No. Try making the following changes in the custom game settings:

"Bonus Placement" to "SmartMap Normal"
"Bonus Density" to "very high levels of all"

b. The prerequisite resources to build Iron works is having coal or Iron. This requirement has not changed from stock BTS. Once you get Ironworks in a city, the city production increases by 50% for coal and/or Iron.

hello friend,

wanted to encourage you a lot,

your work is original great and professional.

keep up the good work,
i might try a game on it after i finish my current realism invictus game.

Thanks for the encouragement. :) As you know, I have been working on this mod for years now. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people start to play OGI, as the game performance is very exciting and challenging. When you get around to playing a game, let me know how you like it.

I have been playing a huge multiplayer game without issue. OGI should work just fine.

Works epic for LAN as well OV :goodjob:. I managed to get all four of my boys over this morning and we've been going at it since then (food break atm :D). We all agree we like the new revision thus far, and are really impressed with some of the subtlties you've tweeked since your last rev. Kudo's to you Sir.

Top Bottom