Orion's Grand Inquisition

I just installed the latest patch and now the mod crashes every time I try to load an existing game.

Yes. When ever you add new stuff into the XML, like a new building or a new unit, old games become obsolete. You will have to start a new game. This is true for any mod.

Yes. When ever you add new stuff into the XML, like a new building or a new unit, old games become obsolete. You will have to start a new game. This is true for any mod.

Not true in case of caveman to cosmos you can load every day new units buildings from svn. Even dll and python code changes and we have save compatibility with previous version. Every time after game update and old save load game will ask you for permission to recalculate everything with new changes and after aprox one, two minutes you can enyoy your "old" game with new stuff.

Not true in case of caveman to cosmos you can load every day new units buildings from svn. Even dll and python code changes and we have save compatibility with previous version. Every time after game update and old save load game will ask you for permission to recalculate everything with new changes and after aprox one, two minutes you can enyoy your "old" game with new stuff.

Really. That's amazing. ...And just how did you get CTC to calculate new changes to obtain a complete save game compatibility with previous versions? :dubious:

@Orion

To be honest I dont know how it is done. In C2C Koshling did amezing stuff like
1 save compatibility
2 multithreading
3 graphic paging ( more than 30% memory usage reduction)

Come to our subforum download latest svn and try it.

Come to our subforum download latest svn and try it.

Would have liked to, but the C2C download (DL), from 3 different mirrors, all failed. I even used two different zip programs. Each file was corrupted. Not sure why. I like using the Source Forge site for the OGI DL, which works really well. Just another reason to play OGI.

Yes. When ever you add new stuff into the XML, like a new building or a new unit, old games become obsolete. You will have to start a new game.

I still have the previous patch in my Downloads. Could I install a second OGI, patch it with the previous patch, and and then use that version to play my old games ? Or would two OGIs interfere with one another ?

I still have the previous patch in my Downloads. Could I install a second OGI, patch it with the previous patch, and and then use that version to play my old games ? Or would two OGIs interfere with one another ?

This is what I would do.

1. Rename the Grand Inquisitions 302 folder to something else.
2. Reinstall the main download of OGI (The big zip file).
3. Apply the old OGI patch from your downloads.
4. Finish playing your old game.
5. Apply the new patch.
6. Play a new game.
7. Delete the renamed Grand Inquisitions 302 folder in step 1.
8. Finish any new games before you download any new/future patch files.

The rule of thumb, for OGI, is to always finish any existing games before you apply a new patch.

This is what I would do.

1. Rename the Grand Inquisitions 302 folder to something else.
2. Reinstall the main download of OGI (The big zip file).
3. Apply the old OGI patch from your downloads.
4. Finish playing your old game.
5. Apply the new patch.
6. Play a new game.
7. Delete the renamed Grand Inquisitions 302 folder in step 1.
8. Finish any new games before you download any new/future patch files.

The rule of thumb, for OGI, is to always finish any existing games before you apply a new patch.

Complicated. AFAICT the entire OGI is a subfolder in my Mods folder. Couldn´t I simply create a two OGI folders, keep the one I want to use at the moment in my Mods folder, move the other one somewhere else where Civ doesn´t find it, and then switch whenever desired ? Similar to the way I keep backup copies of the ini file elsewhere on my computer ?

Complicated. AFAICT the entire OGI is a subfolder in my Mods folder. Couldn´t I simply create a two OGI folders, keep the one I want to use at the moment in my Mods folder, move the other one somewhere else where Civ doesn´t find it, and then switch whenever desired ? Similar to the way I keep backup copies of the ini file elsewhere on my computer ?
That is going to be the end result. You have already updated OGI with the latest patch, which made your old game obsolete. The procedure will allow you to finish your old game. You need to rename the folder or move it somewhere else. Follow the procedure I gave you and I am sure you will be happy with the results. :)

Updated OGI 3.02 Patch

See first post for download link.

Fixes:

1. Shared close borders increases the chance for the AI to declare war.
2. Reservoir becomes a source of water with tech Construction.
3. The Crusader now upgrades to the Rifleman
4. Rewrote Python code for producing a Crusader based upon the game speed turn interval.
5. Fixed an irritating warning message for the GP Spy icon.
6. Added New Building Refinery
7. Added Strategic Oil Reserve National Wonder
8. Fixed missing fresh water feature when producing Water Fountain National Wonder
9. Ark of the Covenant World Wonder has improved graphics.

After four games some comments:
- I really like the additional wonders and the planting/breeding rules
- Somehow tech progress gets really really fast in modern times, for my taste much too fast
- I wonder whether the diplomat rules don´t favor the human player. I used the bribe to get a city and bribe to start a war options repeatedly and with good success. AFAICT no AI ever used these options in any of those four games. At least I never saw an AI diplomat anywhere, and nobody ever tried to bribe one of my cities.
- If you don´t know what to do with your time, please consider to add an option for Assimilation as in RoM-AND, and a way to slow tech progress in the later game

After four games some comments:
- I really like the additional wonders and the planting/breeding rules
- Somehow tech progress gets really really fast in modern times, for my taste much too fast
- I wonder whether the diplomat rules don´t favor the human player. I used the bribe to get a city and bribe to start a war options repeatedly and with good success. AFAICT no AI ever used these options in any of those four games. At least I never saw an AI diplomat anywhere, and nobody ever tried to bribe one of my cities.
- If you don´t know what to do with your time, please consider to add an option for Assimilation as in RoM-AND, and a way to slow tech progress in the later game

I'm glad you were able to get the mod going on your PC. Four games! You must have really been busy. You are correct. The Diplomatic and Cyber warfare missions are only available to human players at the present time. Those two options need an AI update for sure. We tried to create a good chance for getting caught or mission failure that could lead to war. Did any of the AI players declare war on you as a result of getting caught or a mission failure? Note: When you start a new game, you can disable the Diplomatic and Cyber warfare missions options. I'm discussing tech speed with the historian.

Perhaps Assimilation should use the Star Trek example: Enemy resistance is futile, the city population will be assimilated into the collective whole of your empire.

Did any of the AI players declare war on you as a result of getting caught or a mission failure?

No. Some diplomats were caught and I got warnings, but in at least half a dozen bribes not a single DoW.

I'm discussing tech speed with the historian.

Maybe one reason is that while individual new buildings and wonders don´t add that much, the cumulative effects add up too much ? In any case, I reduced my research to 0% and was still quite fast, and it wasn´t just me, in every game at least one AI civ progressed about as fast as me.

No. Some diplomats were caught and I got warnings, but in at least half a dozen bribes not a single DoW.

Hmmm. The AI should be declaring war. I will have to review the python code and boost the negative attitude adjustment.

Maybe one reason is that while individual new buildings and wonders don´t add that much, the cumulative effects add up too much ? In any case, I reduced my research to 0% and was still quite fast, and it wasn´t just me, in every game at least one AI civ progressed about as fast as me.

...Still discussing tech speed.

It is a good thing for the AI to progress as fast as you. You might want to consider playing at one more level higher.

Top Bottom