Orion's Grand Inquisition

And if I search for Grand Inquisitions, my computer finds the 305A folder and .ini file (as well as older ones), but no 308. (I never downloaded 306 and 307 as I was stll playing 305A.)

OK let me check out the installation file and I will get back to you very soon.

UPDATE: I deleted 3.08 on my PC and ran the OGI308Setup.exe file, which installed the mod perfectly on my PC in the following default directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Grand Inquisitions 308

Make sure the folder location for the install is correct. If not, you have the opportunity to change the default directory location during the installation.

I suggest you download the 3.08 install file again and reinstall OGI.

If anyone else is having an installation issue, then let me know and I will re-post the mod on sourceforge.

I found the problem: in my Civ4 installation Firaxis Games is a subfolder of 2K Games, and your installation created a new Firaxis Games folder on the same level as 2K Games. I simply copied 308 from your folder path to my old folder path and everything seems to be fine.

I found the problem: in my Civ4 installation Firaxis Games is a subfolder of 2K Games, and your installation created a new Firaxis Games folder on the same level as 2K Games. I simply copied 308 from your folder path to my old folder path and everything seems to be fine.

That is good to hear. Let me know how you like playing the new version.

So far I have noticed two problems: when building quinqueremes I got odd graphical effects, basically a large area of the screen got black and a moving quinquereme was trailed by a black line. When I deleted the quinquereme everything was fine. When building a City Guard the game froze. I couldn´t promote or move it or go to another unit. In the end I ended the game, restarted it and did not build the City Guard and everything was fine.

And a proposal for 3.09: I agree with Peaks not being completely impassable, but in OGI they are basically lesser hills (no windmills). How about a small seperate tech tree:

at start Peaks are impassable and unusable.

A new tech Mountaineering (no prerequisites) unlocks a promotion Mountain Troops I, which is available to all land units, and permits moving and attacking at half strength into Peaks.

A new tech Useable Mountains (prerequisite: Mountaineering) unlocks a promotion Mountain Troops II, which is available to all land units, and enables attacks into Peaks at full strength. This tech also enables building improvements on Peaks.

A new tech Habitable Mountains (prerequisite: Useable Mountains) unlocks a promotion Mountain Troops III, which is available to all land units, and gives a defensive bonus on Peaks. This tech also enables founding cities on Peaks.

First: I want to thank you for testing out the mod. :thanx:

when building quinqueremes I got odd graphical effects, basically a large area of the screen got black and a moving quinquereme was trailed by a black line. When I deleted the quinquereme everything was fine.

I could not reproduce this graphic problem. I suspect you may have a graphics card issue. Perhaps not enough memory on the card.

When building a City Guard the game froze. I couldn´t promote or move it or go to another unit. In the end I ended the game, restarted it and did not build the City Guard and everything was fine.

Yup. This one is valid. I have an easy fix, if you want to fix it yourself. Open the CvMainInterface.py file and add the following two lines at the top of the file:

Code:
import StandardFunctions
import LawEnforcement

Once you save the file, then reopen the game and your City Guard will work without error. We shall definitely turn out a fix for this.

And a proposal for 3.09: I agree with Peaks not being completely impassable, but in OGI they are basically lesser hills (no windmills). How about a small seperate tech tree:

at start Peaks are impassable and unusable.

A new tech Mountaineering (no prerequisites) unlocks a promotion Mountain Troops I, which is available to all land units, and permits moving and attacking at half strength into Peaks.

A new tech Useable Mountains (prerequisite: Mountaineering) unlocks a promotion Mountain Troops II, which is available to all land units, and enables attacks into Peaks at full strength. This tech also enables building improvements on Peaks.

A new tech Habitable Mountains (prerequisite: Useable Mountains) unlocks a promotion Mountain Troops III, which is available to all land units, and gives a defensive bonus on Peaks. This tech also enables founding cities on Peaks.

We shall discuss your proposal for 3.09 and get back to you. :)

Thank you, but now the next question: what program do I need to open a .py ? My computer doesn´t seem to have anything for that job. I use Win 7 Professional 64 bit and MS Office.

Thanks. I added it so it looked like this:

## Sid Meier's Civilization 4
## Copyright Firaxis Games 2005
from CvPythonExtensions import *
import StandardFunctions
import LawEnforcement
import CvUtil
import ScreenInput
import CvScreenEnums
import CvEventInterface
import time

Later I checked, it still loolked like this. When I started the notebook and Civ4 today I did not check and build a City Guard. I still couldn´t move or promote it, but the game no longer froze. When I checked the two added lines were gone. I added them again, checked again, build it again, but I can still neither move nor promote it, even though, when I checked the file again, the two added lines were still there.

King Richard´s Crusade also still seems to build no additional Crusaders after the first.

Might this be connected to my Civ4 installation (from a Complete CD) being different from yours by having Firaxis Game as a subfolder of 2K Games ?

I now had a couple of freezes, shortly after Galileo´s Telescope was completed, either by me or by an AI. First time an AI completed it, then I restarted the game a few turns earlier to finish first with slavery, but again the game froze shortly after. I one attempt I also had a weird graphic effect again, basically a large area turning black.

Thanks. I added it so it looked like this:

## Sid Meier's Civilization 4
## Copyright Firaxis Games 2005
from CvPythonExtensions import *
import StandardFunctions
import LawEnforcement
import CvUtil
import ScreenInput
import CvScreenEnums
import CvEventInterface
import time

Later I checked, it still loolked like this. When I started the notebook and Civ4 today I did not check and build a City Guard. I still couldn´t move or promote it, but the game no longer froze. When I checked the two added lines were gone. I added them again, checked again, build it again, but I can still neither move nor promote it, even though, when I checked the file again, the two added lines were still there.

King Richard´s Crusade also still seems to build no additional Crusaders after the first.

Might this be connected to my Civ4 installation (from a Complete CD) being different from yours by having Firaxis Game as a subfolder of 2K Games ?

I have tested King Richard´s Crusade and it produces a crusader every few turns. You need Civ4, Warlords, BTS and all patches installed correctly. I would suggest you follow the installation procedure in the tutorial. Then try OGI again. Install Tutorial: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408537

I now had a couple of freezes, shortly after Galileo´s Telescope was completed, either by me or by an AI. First time an AI completed it, then I restarted the game a few turns earlier to finish first with slavery, but again the game froze shortly after. I one attempt I also had a weird graphic effect again, basically a large area turning black.

All my games play start to finish without any freeze ups; even on a huge map. Again, I would suggest a reinstallation of Civ4 according to my last post.

3.08A Changes - To be released soon

1. Fixed python City Guard unit bug.
2. Added Mountain Warfare promotions 1-5
3. Added Arctic Warfare promotions 1-5
4. Added Desert Warfare promotions 1-5
5. Peaks take +50 percent time to build improvements
6. Increased production on peaks to +4 (Double what a hill provides)
7. Fixed SEVOPEDIA text for Farmer's Market NW.

V3.08

Maybe its just me, but three different games (2x Huge, 1x Large) with two different Nations (2x USA, 1x England) and every time I get a crash and can't continue (next turn crash after loading the save). Two times around ~200BC. The last time I went further.. dunno what causes this :/

Anyone can confirm that you can play this MOD till the end?

V3.08

Maybe its just me, but three different games (2x Huge, 1x Large) with two different Nations (2x USA, 1x England) and every time I get a crash and can't continue (next turn crash after loading the save). Two times around ~200BC. The last time I went further.. dunno what causes this :/

I am soon turning out the fix in version 3.08A. The City Guard unit caused the bug in the CvMainInterface.py file. see previous post. It seems like no matter how hard you test out the game, there is always one more thing that escaped the debug phase of a big release.

V3.08

Oddly enough, no. Which is highly odd for me, as I usually play Epic or Marathon speeds. I haven't had the glitches you've had, but I've noticed my games end a lot sooner than from previous rev's... :confused:.

@ OV; Have you tweaked the game speed at all? I'm normally an EMP level player, but I seem to be completeing games faster than normal.

@ OV; Have you tweaked the game speed at all? I'm normally an EMP level player, but I seem to be completeing games faster than normal.

I have not touched the game speed code in version 3.08. Have you lowered the AI handicap level? If not, then perhaps your player skills have improved, resulting in quicker victories.

BTW 3.08A is now being tested and will be released soon. AI-AutoPlay in one game completed over 500 rounds on my huge map, with no issues. 3.08A is not breaking. Another player is stress testing the mod to find it's max unit breaking point. Thousands of units are in play in his test.

Top Bottom