[GS] Orszaghaz wonder gif

Well I mean it certainly isn't larger than other items on the map that are represented as being one hex large.
If you include the whole park, it probably would be the largest wonder (except for Ruhr Valley if you believe the name). And not including the park at all is certainly an option, but a missed opportunity since Versailles is mostly about it‘s interior and the park. The main building would also need a large reshaping and would probably lose it’s elegance in that process. Anyway, we won‘t see it in civ VI and looking at civ VI maps, I‘m glad others like the Eremitage were preferred actually.

And from an engineering and architecture point of view Machu Picchu is outclassed by at least a magnitude by nearby Cuzco.

That said, it‘s a beautiful tourism site worth visiting (if it just wouldn‘t be that crowded). It just doesn‘t qualify for the category wonder imho. This parliament building however, fits the category, even if it may not be on people‘s shortlist.

Interesting! I didn't look much into Cuzco before, checking it out now. To me Macchu Picchu is the representative of Inca engineering/architectural knowledge and skill, I think that's why it was chosen as wonder. I'm not sure why Cuzco wasn't used, I'd guess Macchu Picchu is preferred for name recognition.

Overall I like Orszaghaz, hopefully there's a third expansion that would include Versailles too.

I feel like there is some kind of historical context missing. Was this building host to the signing of some significant historical pacts?

I haven't counted, but I think at least 50% of the civs have a wonder to their name.
Let's count! I doubt it's 50% as far as ingame wonders.

It would certainly be nice if each Civ got their own unique wonder in the game, but currently only some civs have that (like Brazil and the Aztecs), and others not at all, despite having at least one worthy candidate (like the Koreans).

I think Orszaghaz makes sense gameplay wise, but I do not quite think it's worthy of being called a wonder.

What do you choose for the Scythian, Cree or Mapuche Wonders?

I'm starting to be pessimistic we'll see the Statue of Zeus, but surely even above needing to have all of the original civs the final version of Civ VI must include all of the Seven Wonders? There now seems to be so much going on in the late game I don't know that it particularly needs so many new Wonders.

What do you choose for the Scythian, Cree or Mapuche Wonders?

I'm starting to be pessimistic we'll see the Statue of Zeus, but surely even above needing to have all of the original civs the final version of Civ VI must include all of the Seven Wonders?
Yeah, for some civs it's very hard to find wonders. But at least a few who have valid wonder choices, like Korea, haven't been represented.

It would be nice to get the Statue of Zeus, but I'm happy the Temple of Artemis made a return. :)

If you include the whole park, it probably would be the largest wonder (except for Ruhr Valley if you believe the name). And not including the park at all is certainly an option, but a missed opportunity since Versailles is mostly about it‘s interior and the park.
If you include the whole park at Versailles, it’s slightly larger than the Golden Gate Bridge. If you only include the extent of the palace, it’s about half the total diagonal made by the Giza Pyramids.

Spain- Alhambra, Casa de Contratacion
Khmer- Angkor Wat
Persia -Apandana
England- Big Ben, Oxford, Stonehenge
Russia-Bolshoi Theater, Hermitage, St. Basils Cathedral
America- Broadway, Golden Gate Bridge, Panama Canal, Statue of Liberty
Rome- Colosseum
Greece- Colossus, Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Oracle, Temple of Artemis
France- Eiffel Tower, Mont St. Michel
Brazil- Cristo Redentor, Estadio do Maracana
China- Forbidden City, Terracotta Army
Egypt- Great Library, Great Lighthouse, Pyramids
Aztecs- Huey Teocalli
Nubia- Jebel Barkal
Japan- Kotoku-in
Inca- Mach Picchu
India- Mahabodhi Temple, Taj Mahal
Hungary- Orszaghaz
Germany- Ruhr Valley
Australia- Sydney Opera House

19 civs so far, out of 42. Not quite half, but close. Several wonders are in civs that haven't been revealed (Ottomans) or implemented (Maya) yet.

Let's see... of the current roster...

18 Civs WITH wonders: USA, Aztec, Brazil, England, Spain, France, Rome, Germany, Egypt, Nubia, Greece, Russia, Persia, India, China, Khmer, Japan, Australia

2 Civ ARGUABLY with wonders: Arabia (Petra), Macedon (The Great Lighthouse)

13 Civs WITHOUT wonders: Cree, Mapuche, Scotland, The Netherlands, Kongo, Norway, Zulu, Poland, Sumeria, Scythia, Georgia, Mongolia, Indonesia

Am I missing something?

Khmer- Angkor Wat
Persia -Apandana
Rome- Colosseum
Aztecs- Huey Teocalli
Nubia- Jebel Barkal
Japan- Kotoku-in
Inca- Mach Picchu
Hungary- Orszaghaz
Germany- Ruhr Valley

19 civs so far, out of 42. Not quite half, but close. Several wonders are in civs that haven't been revealed (Ottomans) or implemented (Maya) yet.

I would not count Stonehenge as English wonder and Alhambra as Spanish wonder. :p

Well this was a surprise, but I kind of dig it

Khmer- Angkor Wat
Persia -Apandana
Rome- Colosseum
Aztecs- Huey Teocalli
Nubia- Jebel Barkal
Japan- Kotoku-in
Inca- Mach Picchu
Hungary- Orszaghaz
Germany- Ruhr Valley

I wonder what would happen if you include Natural Wonders into that?

England - Cliffs of Dover (+Giant's Causeway?)
America - Crater Lake, Yosemite, Delicate Arch
Norway - Lysefjord (+Eyjafjallajokull?)
India - Mount Everest*
China - Mount Everest*, Zangye Danxia
Brazil - Pantanal
Mali - Eye of the Sahara, Lake Retba (I think the Empire of Mali stretched this far?)
Australia - Great Barrier Reef, Ayre's Rock
Rome - Mount Vesuvius, Matterhorn (Italy, but close; right?)
Mongolia - Ubsunur Hollow
Georgia - Gobustan (Presuming the Mud Volcanos are a thing; The Georgian Empire did stretch this far)
Ottomans - Cotton Castle (I forget it's other name)
Egypt - White Desert (I also forget it's other name)
Maori - Piopiotahi

EDIT: Added Maori.

Last edited:
The power seems proportional to how many city-states survive the first half of the game and map size.

A lot depends on the actual amount of Favor per city-state per turn. Obviously some civs like Greece and Georgia will get more out of it than others.

Even though I don't like how the AI conquer almost every CS, I came to like the benefits of it after Firaxis increased the amount of envoys you get from liberation, mostly if you're Australia. Just go out in a liberation spree for free envoys, warmongering reduction, sometimes free gold from emergencies and some brokenly OP amount of production if you're Australia. I actually like doing that. I hope their solution to this problem will actually solve it but for now I got used to liberating CS. Anyway, considering you can go out on a liberation spree, I don't see the survivability of CS as a problem for the wonder, you will want to go out liberating anyway in a diplomatic match.

Each CS give 1 favor per turn iirc, so I assume the wonder will increase it to 2 favor per turn for each CS you have. Sounds like a must have for diplomatic and a bit OP.

Arabia (Petra)
We'll say yes to this because the Nabateans were Arabs, but it's still a bit of a stretch. Either way the Arabs have a wonder in game since the Alhambra was built by post-Islamic Arabs (not by Spain).

Yeah, for some civs it's very hard to find wonders. But at least a few who have valid wonder choices, like Korea, haven't been represented.

It would be nice to get the Statue of Zeus, but I'm happy the Temple of Artemis made a return. :)

Indonesia too, with no Borobudur this time.

We'll say yes to this because the Nabateans were Arabs, but it's still a bit of a stretch. Either way the Arabs have a wonder in game since the Alhambra was built by post-Islamic Arabs (not by Spain).

Are we then saying that the Zulu get Great Zimbabwe because the builders were Bantu?

Khmer- Angkor Wat
Persia -Apandana
Rome- Colosseum
Aztecs- Huey Teocalli
Nubia- Jebel Barkal
Japan- Kotoku-in
Inca- Mach Picchu
Hungary- Orszaghaz
Germany- Ruhr Valley

That's including the newer civs (Inca, Hungary) which come from the not-yet-released expansion though. And yeah, it's not 50% (even in the count including the Inca and Hungary wonders). It's more like 17 out of 40, which is 42.5%. :p

I wonder what would happen if you include Natural Wonders into that?

England - Cliffs of Dover (+Giant's Causeway?)
America - Crater Lake, Yosemite, Delicate Arch
Norway - Lysefjord (+Eyjafjallajokull?)
India - Mount Everest*
China - Mount Everest*, Zangye Danxia
Brazil - Pantanal
Mali - Eye of the Sahara, Lake Retba (I think the Empire of Mali stretched this far?)
Australia - Great Barrier Reef, Ayre's Rock
Rome - Mount Vesuvius, Matterhorn (Italy, but close; right?)
Mongolia - Ubsunur Hollow
Georgia - Gobustan (Presuming the Mud Volcanos are a thing; The Georgian Empire did stretch this far)
Ottomans - Cotton Castle (I forget it's other name)
Egypt - White Desert (I also forget it's other name)
I was clearly referencing the man-made wonders. This topic is, after all, not about a natural wonder. And I notice the conspicuous lack of Korean wonders on both lists....glad a Mongolian natural wonder appears slated for inclusion though. What surprises me is the lack of a natural wonder from New Zealand, but maybe there'll be one that we spot in a livestream later.

Last edited:
Are we then saying that the Zulu get Great Zimbabwe because the builders were Bantu?
Half of Sub-Saharan Africa* is Bantu so...no. :p The Nabateans who built Petra were specifically Arabs, not just Semites, who spoke an ancient form of Arabic, despite living in the heartland of Aram (where Aramaic originated).

*I'm exaggerating, but not by much. The point still stands: Bantu is an enormous language family dominating the entire southern half of the continent.

Top Bottom