Orthodoxy Theodora viable ?

Arizael

Chieftain
I like to spread my religion, but damn do I hate to micro missionaries. So since it is time to play Byzantium, I've got the idea to take three religious buildings with orthodoxy. Add progress and fealty to the mix and I should be swimming in faith, while the world slowly turns to my religion on my own. Also orthodoxy Byzantium, that is some intensified flavor.

- will this actually work, or will the ai counter my pressure easily (emperor difficulty)
- is it even good idea ? giving three buildings to converted ai might actually hurt me
- what founder and reformation beliefs would work for the best ?

Byzantium is also in kind of schizofrenic situation, where it does not have to hurry with founding, but still kind of wants to. Obviously general rule is sooner you found the better. But with Byzantium if I found in the standard religious limit I will also effectively deny one AI it's own religion. And that might be bad thing. Since I am planning to be spending faith on buildings, somebody else will send missionaries to unconverted civs. And now i have two civs that share religion and hate my guts. On the other hands if I found as the very last, the ai will compete more amongts itself and there will be more bickering.

Thoughts ?

That will work, especially when combined with fealtys pressure policy. Founders can and will resist, but every other nation or city-state on your continent will eventually follow your religion :)

Top Bottom