1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orthox (sp?) Axe??? What is this?

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Davor, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Davor

Davor Prince

Some guy named orthox (sp?) attacked me. Well he died and his axe was left. So I thought I would pick it up. Well it said I picked it up and then destroyed it.

So I am a bit confused. Can we pick these up? If so how? Also why does it destroy it?

2. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

Never happened to me. Orthus axe is a powerful item, and I believe you should be able to use it...

3. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Davor, check if the unit you used to pick it got the Orthus axe promotion. It is really nice.
    When you pick the axe, it is transformed into a promotion, but you can move it to another unit. Same applies to other items.

Also, I want to ask you to keep your questions in one thread. You have already started 6 (in 5 days), all to ask just one question.
    I do not mind questions, just the thread spam.
    Trust me, if you keep questioning in one thread, you WILL get answers.
    So please, use one theread, either one you created or "welcome to orbis".

4. Davor

Davor Prince

I had a unit that had promotions that I didn't upgrade yet, wanted to save them for later. I believe it was a spear man. So upgraded him, waited next turn. This time axe didn't disapear. But spearman couldn't take the axe. So I tried using a bloodsomething unit (sorry forgot the name again) and he was able to pick it up this time. So maybe my Spear man had too many promotions?

I also got a Slaved unit. I guess I got him from the battle. How come he can't pass through the Axe by it's self but if I put a military unit on it, then the Slaved unit can pass through then.
    Ok, I will do this. I did this in other forums and I was always told, not to use the same thread to ask different questions that I need to make new threads. I will keep everything into one thread then.

Can someone rename the title to, Davor's Orbis questions, or I will make a new thread and keep all my questions into that one thread from now on.

5. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

Short answer: not

Ohhh...
    What you describe seems impossible for me :confused:

One question: what civilization and leader are you playing?

6. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

well, for most I can explain:
    at first the axe is owned by the barb civ.
    thus your slave can't enter the tile : he has no combat point; no attack : it can't enter a tile with an enemy on.
    when you put a bloodpet on top of the axe, the axe becomes owned by your civ ; the slave can enter the tile.

And if you "pick the axe up" the axe (unit) is destroyed, and the unit that did the "pick up" gets a new promotion named "orthus' axe".
    but what is your "spear"... I don't know.

7. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

Ah!
    Never thought about it