[OS X] Changing Science Rate has no effect for me

gmackenz

Chieftain
I have installed the latest patch (1.17g) and am not seeing any change in the amount of time research will take to make my designated advancement. If "Sid" states it will take 40 turns to learn writing, I cannot change that time whether the Science Rate is set to 50% or to 90%.

This is as Despot at the King Level playing Persia with 3 cities. Am I missing something unique about the Mac version of the game? The PC version never had this particular problem for me (plenty of other problems though, heh).

~ Gordo

The maximum # of turns to research is 40. You just haven't got the cash flow to do any better. Happens alot in early part of the game.

BTW, later when it's only a few (or 2, or 1) turns until you're done, check your science slider again. You might be able to be done just as fast with less science, saving you some (or a ton of) cash. The changes may be due to your increased cash flow, but maybe because the cost reduced due to increased number of civs you are in contact with who have achieved that advance.

JB

Thanks for the reply...It may be that I was a bit too impatient in getting a boosted science research rate that early in the game. But I did note that after I trashed my original preference file for CIV3 that I could get a change in my research rate.

Now if only I could see the result *before* I have to close the Science Advisor's window. A pain to keep toggling back and forth till I acheive the proper balance of golds coming in and science being done.

You change the science ratio in the Domestic Advisor screen, and there you also see how many turns it will take to complete what you currently researching, so there's no need to toggle to the Science Advisor.

Top Bottom