1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Other dual-civ leaders you think would be interesting

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by iammaxhailme, Apr 7, 2021.

1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I don't mean alt leaders for one civ (like Chandragupta/Ghandi) I mean single leaders who lead more than one (Eleanor, Kublai).

I'd like to see a dual Macedon/Egyptian leader in Ptolomy Soter. He could be a bit more cultural than Alex, and a bit more warlike than Cleopatra. Similarly, we could see a Macedonian/Babylonian (or Persian) in Seleucid. Or Arabia/Egypt with Saladin.

I would say "They could make Victoria leader of Australia or Canada", but the digger/hockey rink may be a bit too anachronistic. Then again, Frederick Barbarossa didn't have U-Boats...

2. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

1: Margaret I leads Sweden, and Margaret I also leads Denmark, AND Margaret I also leads Norway. :mischief:
    2: Charlemagne leads France and Germany.

3. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I really wish the devs had made Frederick lead the HRE instead of Germany

Hawke9 likes this.
  4. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

Possibilities:
    1. King William III of England = Prince William II of Orange of the Netherlands (= King William II of Scotland)
    2. King Louis I for Hungary and Poland (father of Jadwiga)
    Good choices? I don't know...

5. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Constantine or Theodosius for Rome and Byzantium.

Depravo, nzcamel, TCBB and 1 other person like this.
  6. kryat

kryat King

George III leads England and George III leads America. Cause that would be hilarious to see Americans reaction

7. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

King James of England and Scotland.

That was my guess for the leader of two civs in Pack#5(?) but we got Kublai Khan instead.

8. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Louis I is most certainly a good choice. :D

Hakan-i Cihan likes this.
  9. Tunnel_Rhino526

Tunnel_Rhino526 Chieftain

Piye or Tahaqra of the Twenty Fifth Dynasty leading Egypt and Nubia.

Hawke9, nzcamel, Virdrago and 2 others like this.
  10. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

Queen Margaret I of Norway and Sweden. The Kalmar union lasted a bit over a century.

After the union of the crown when Elizabeth died, James I of Scotland acceded to the English throne in 1603. Later there was an act of both Parliaments in 1706 and 1707 that formally joined the monarchies of Scotland and England.
    Which is a roundabout way of saying "there's a list of weak-chinned inbred morons who were leaders of both countries, take your pick".

11. João III

João III Chieftain

Edward III for England and France :p

On a more serious note, I think it'd be fun to see Charles V implemented somehow. But if I had to limit to two countries, I'd probably go with Germany and Spain

Jkchart likes this.
  12. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Honestly, I would like to see Firaxis include one of the Hapsburgs that ruled like half of Europe and have them be a leader for all of the civs they ruled over.

Edit: Have it be a DLC called "One Hapsburg to Rule Them All."

13. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Could use Philip II who's in the game already, maybe...

14. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

One obvious Hapsburg leader could be Maria Theresa as the leader of Hungary and Germany. She was the King of Hungary and the Holy Roman Empress after all. Since Frederick Barbarossa leads Germany in this game, it makes sense. She did get both title by different means, and held different powers even if she held both of them at the same time and not consecutively. Too bad that Bohemia / Czechia is not in the game, she could lead it too. I will trade one Macedon for that.
    But I agree: this would be quite odd to have Maria Theresa in a game without Austria.

In comparison, Charlemagne is a poor choice since he "just" conquered all the territory under the Franks Kingdom then got promoted as Roman Emperor by the Pope for some reason. The romanized part kept the germanic name (Franks, West Francia, then France), and the eastern part assumed the Roman Empire name. Wait, it is a case of Greenland / Iceland all over again?!

If you want a leader that was a leader of a country then an other like Eleanor, you could count on one of Catherine de' Medici's son: Henry III of France. He was elected King of Poland in 1573, took one year for him to bother go to his coronation, then instantly goes back to France when his brother died to claim the throne just to die by a random monk during the turmoil of the wars of religion.
    Oh yeah, not the greatest of all. If you want to infuriate both the french and the polish people at the same time, search no more!

15. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Putin leads Russia and America.

Jeppetto and SaboteurINT like this.
  16. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I second Maria Theresa leading Germany and Hungary, if Austria doesn't get in the game.

I could get behind Charlemagne for Germany and France too, but would much rather him lead a separate Frankish/Carolingian Empire considering I see France and Germany as more distinct, but I'd take it.

Depravo, João III and Cooleatack like this.
  17. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

Henri I as King of Poland = Henri III as King of France.

Sure, he was a mediocre King (the famous King in spite of himself), but he clearly fulfill the fact that he's been the leader of two different countries not at the same time.

Henri Christophe and Cooleatack like this.
  18. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Prince

Tupac Amaru leads Inca and Gran Colombia? In an alt-unvierse...(ok, trolling a bit)

All the crossovers in the European royalties should be telling us something...like really much of Europe could be captured in just 3-4 civs with many alt leaders.

19. Hertingen

Hertingen Chieftain

One of the Karls or Oscars of Sweden/Norway could be cool. Sweden and Norway were in a personal union from 1814 to 1905.

20. Cooleatack

Cooleatack Chieftain

I recently made a thread advocating for Phillip II to be leader of Portugal, so I would like to echo that here :)