Other Enjoyable Civilization V Games (Immortal and below)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Nizef, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Nizef

Nizef King

Yes you can build it. (Oh, raider already answered).

2. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Emperor

After two aborted attempts where I settled in place, (I might have won eventually, but I was behind in science and not really catching up, and the AIs were beating me to most of the wonders) I tried again settling on the sheep. What a difference! I basically out-awesomed everybody, (like Poland should) building most of the wonders and had tons of gold that I didn't know what to do with, big science lead, and among the largest militaries. Tradition, Patronage, Exploration, Rationalism, Commerce, Freedom. I settled 5 cities and took 5 from England.

Diplomatic victory on turn 240. I was actually going for a science victory and was just 2 turns away, but as the vote was approaching saw that I could ally 2 CS's for 500 gold each and have enough for world leader and I went for it. (it was cheaper than buying that last spaceship part.) Culture victory was also imminent.

20220104154513_1.jpg

Nizef likes this.
  3. Nizef

Nizef King

OECG#66: Among Salt and Barbarians

This game has a rather unique starting area and also otherwise the map as a whole is really entertaining. As we once again play on Emperor with a Salt start, one would assume this is easy. However, here the game created some unusual obstacles for the early game for us to tackle. How are you going to expand? How are you going to meet all the AIs? Or where the heck are even the city states? We need to expand but how to do that without being unhappy? Many peculiar things to figure out in this non-standard start. I could see better players also being interested in this one! Anyway, we play on a large sized Continents map with quick speed and the civ to play is Ethiopia. Have fun!

Attached Files:

4. raider980

raider980 Prince

I'm playing this one and its great fun. India wide is awesome, no happiness problems whatsoever.
    Spoiler :
    Started off and moved warrior NE. Settler to the copper across the river, doh, tundra. Moved the warrior east and spotted the ideal settling location; copper, river, mountain, coast. Moved settler there to found the great capital of Delhi.
    T28. Arrgg, a Danish settler is on the very spot my settler is headed toward. Oh wait, he has left his settler unguarded, thanks Harold. Found the city of Mumbai.
    T60something. Take Copenhagen with War Elephants.
    T134 Capture Venice and take him out of the game. I was going to wait until later to kill him but he had a GMerch headed toward my nearby CS. And I was being gifted so many Catpharacts and Impi that I couldn't not make war. Plus I still haven't met anyone from the other continent so they'll never know of my trechery.
    T164. Current turn. Doing well; No. 1 in every demographic except soldiers and science where I'm number 2.

Attached Files:

5. raider980

raider980 Prince

Playing this one too. Another fun wide game. Two maps in a row where there are enough luxes to go wide; I love it. Founding 5 cities was no problem. I'm on 7 at T134 (and might settle another...
    Spoiler :
    But I think I might take out Venice instead; I've got him surrounded.
    Spoiler Map T134 :
    OECG Maya T134.jpg