Other Great People

Red Stranger

Emperor
What are some of your ideas for other types of great people?

1. Great governor.
Reduces the maintenance cost of a city to zero.

2. Great military recruiter.
Instantly give you 5 free troops. (Don't know if this is overpowered or underpowered)

3. Great doctor.
Reduces unhealthiness to zero.

Embassador (not a great person)
-makes another civs attitude better towards you.
"+2 You have an embassador in our country"

I like the great doctor one kinda... though maybe it only adds a certain number of health instead. (just my own opinion)

Maybe something like a great politician? That's certainly unique from all the other great ones I think.

Maybe even a great explorer or adventurer too though that may be pushing it.

I love the embassador idea. Since so many of the negative modifiers are permenant to some degree. A GP that would give you a method to improve relations could really add to the game but how would it work for the AI on the human player?

Like the Great Governor (Great Statesman a better name?) idea, not sure about great military recruiter because 1. the 5 free troops is overpowered 2. I can't see how it will be useful aside from the initial 5 free troops, so it's sort of overpowered and underpowered at the same time.

There is Mods out there useing Great Stateman and Great Doctor already :p
I like those ideas!

I think the Embassador is a great idea. Even though it wouldn't work in multiplayer...but, it could give some money or even happiness if he joins a city of his own..Who knows! But the Great military recruiter - I don't think that's a good idea. I like the others, but not that one..for some reasons :D

Some less-serious ideas :-
Great Thief - send him to a rival city and he'll steal all their gold. 50% chance that he'll send 10% of it back to your treasury. But in one of your own cities he may steal 50% of your gold, and disappear.
Great Spy. Can use enemy roads and rails; can steal a tech but dies in the process; can kill enemy spies, which he can see at 2 tiles distance. If caught, he'll work for the other side.
Great Admiral. When attached to a ship, gives it +100% strength, +2 movement, and the Blitz promotion (imagine a Destroyer with strength 60 that could attack 13 times !)
Really Great Prophet. Doesn't need ships to cross ocean . . .Can also move mountains.
Great Farmer. Can move only 1 tile per turn; all tiles he has visited produce +1 food - even deserts.
Great Architect. Can only be given to a rival civ (no refusal option); all his buildings will cost 50% more and 25% of his hammers will be wasted.
Great Lover. +2 population growth per turn while he's in a city.

But I've no idea how such superheroes would be spawned.

Red Stranger said:
What are some of your ideas for other types of great people?

1. Great governor.
Reduces the maintenance cost of a city to zero.

2. Great military recruiter.
Instantly give you 5 free troops. (Don't know if this is overpowered or underpowered)

3. Great doctor.
Reduces unhealthiness to zero.

Embassador (not a great person)
-makes another civs attitude better towards you.
"+2 You have an embassador in our country"

I often thought about it. I would think it would make sense to have other types of great military people like great admiral and air marshal. Something unique to naval units and air units.

:)

All in all, I'm a great advocate of having naval power have more meaning (disrupt trade roots, intercept rival goods and such).

SkippyT said:
I think the Embassador is a great idea. Even though it wouldn't work in multiplayer...but, it could give some money or even happiness if he joins a city of his own..Who knows!

You're right. Maybe +1 happiness if you accept someone's embassador. And +1 happiness if your embassador was accepted.

Great businessman. Allows the person who establish the great businessman to trade lump sums for gpt or goods.

Military philosopher: +1 research for each military unit stationed in a city.

And the difference between a great businessman and a great merchant is ?

Great Politician is the only one I feel needs added. Maybe spawned by a certain number of We love the ... days? Similar to the Great General.

I like the idea of a Great Doctor, although I think how you've designed him is far too strong. Maybe he could construct a building that reduces health penalties. That would be much better.

I think a Great Explorer would be a decent idea for another great person. Maybe it could give bonuses to naval units, maybe helping to make the naval aspect of the game more powerful. An alternate name could be Great Admiral.

GoodSarmatian said:
And the difference between a great businessman and a great merchant is ?

Its exactly as I said. When you send a great businessman in another civ, you can trade things per turn (gpt, luxuries, resource, etc) with lump sum things (gold, tech, et). The great merchant can do what he does now.

SpartanEvolved said:
Great Politician is the only one I feel needs added. Maybe spawned by a certain number of We love the ... days? Similar to the Great General.

What does "We love the ...." days actually do?

really great prophet... hahahaha

i like the great doctors but maybe a building that increases health by 50% (like with scientist?)

tycoonist said:
really great prophet... hahahaha

i like the great doctors but maybe a building that increases health by 50% (like with scientist?)

And what would a Docter Build to get the 50% increase in health?
a Medical Academy, State hosiptal, National hospital? LOL

Hey Why Not if you combine the Red Cross Nation Wonder with a Great Doctor's Improvement you get medic 2 units LOL

Red Stranger said:
What does "We love the ...." days actually do?

Pretty sure that they happen when a city has no unhappiness or unhealthiness. It changes depending on your government style (President, Prime Minister, King, etc)

As well as thaat, the cities where the "We love the.." days occur, have no maintanance costs that turn.

Top Bottom