1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Hybrid Affinities

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by alderon, Aug 31, 2017.

1. alderon

alderon Chieftain

We already have Harmonious Purity (genetically perfected humans), Harmonious Supremacy (bio-mechanical post-humans) and Puritanical Supremacy (Baseline humans with a robot slave force).

But I'm thinking about other possibilities for hybrid-affinities that "leans more in the other direction."

For example, a civilization that is Puritanical Harmony could be one that aims to live in harmony with the nature to the point that they try to alter the environment as little as possible, or even none at all if it's possible. That includes almost rejecting genetic alteration and bioengineering.

What do you guys think Supremacist Harmony and Supremacist purity would look like?

2. HEF

HEF Chieftain

I'm imagining Supremacist Harmony would look perhaps similar to the art direction of the classic 1960s Hanna-Barbera animated series, The Jetsons or the look of the planet Coruscant from Star Wars: Episode I where there is a total elimination of flora & fauna. Complete absence of what the planet originally looked like and replaced with a 'futuristic' style architecture and lifestyle.

Supremacist Purity? I'm imagining any one of the classical 20th or 21st Century civilizations in Asia, North America, South America, Africa, and Europe yet still the elimination of flora & fauna.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  3. alderon

alderon Chieftain

I tend to imagine Supremacist Harmony as being a caste based civilization with specifically genetically engineered workers, soldiers and leaders. Other ideas would be a society where humans and sentient robots, or a civilization that uplifts the planet's xenos to human level sentience.

4. HEF

HEF Chieftain

I was thinking more about how the cities within the civilization would look.
    Now the topic seems to focus on an exact look of a hybrid-affinity of a Supremacist Harmony citizen, during one playthrough, without any consideration towards a specific affinity, I came across Transgenics on the Tech Web and started brainstorming some interesting ideas how that tech could fit along the narrative of "...a caste based civilization with specifically genetically engineered workers, soldiers and leaders."

I'll post later when I can come up with something more plausible. :borg: