Other Playr's Religion and Civics

yairgr

Chieftain
This sound very basic so excuse me...
How do I find which religion a player in the game has?

Say I am playing Saladin, how do I find out which religion my neighbors (say Egypt and Persia) have?

Say I just converted to Islam, and I found which one religion they are using, how do I know if this is good or bad for me in terms of risk of war with them?

Same for civics... I went to foreign adviser and clicked on one of the sections to see all the civics and favorite civic for each player. Is this how I check which civic they are using?

Thanks and sorry if this is too basic...:D

You can see the religion run by a leader in several places:
- in the foreign advisor, in the "infos" section (perhaps only BTS, I don't remember)
- near the leader's name in the scoreboard
- on top of the window when you contact another leader
Also, changes of religion are announced

You will gain a diplomatic bonus for running the same religion as another leader, and negative points if it is different. Always. But the intensity of such bonus/negative depends on the personality of the leader.

As for civics, you will never have negative points, but will get bonus diplo if you and a leader are running his favourite civic.

As for civics, you will never have negative points, but will get bonus diplo if you and a leader are running his favourite civic.

Hey!! I always thought that not following their civics gave us a negative oh right! it's only when they ask you to convert and you don't that they get angry.

Oh no, it's all the time. It's worth[rolling over] their picture while engaging in diplomacy, to see what is determining their attitude. Since you get more options if they like you, temporary changes can work wonders - say converting to their religion to get the bonus, which allows a defensive pact, which gives a bonus so that they still like you when you convert to a different religion: allowing you to form a defensive pact with a different leader!

Top Bottom