Ottoman warlords scenario

axiomtk

Chieftain
This scenario requires Amra's modpack for warlords..
The scenario begins in 3900BC on an Huge europe map..
Most basic technologies is researched..Most empires have expanded there empires with cities across europe..
Religions is spread..

You start as Ottoman Empire you have the Most eastly city in the anatolian:Van..

Our armies are coming its reported that they passed trough the persian empire..

O mighty Sulton of the Ottomans these are the grounds where we will build our empire..Its your choice shall we expand to the south were the Holy city is and the once o glorious Egyptians.. Or shall you march forward o the great sultan to the faboulous city of Constantinople and then move forward into Austrian grounds and go beyond..Or shall you go north where the seperated Russian empire lies...

This is just my own scenario and wanted to post it and ask what you think about it? and if there are any points i could improve...anyway enjoy..i will be posting pictures soon..

Van is an Armenian city.

That is true as well, except for the fact that New Amsterdam (New York) was obtained by the British in a trade, part of Guyana which became Dutch Guyana (Presently Suriname), in exchange for New Amsterdam. However, Van was obtained in a more barbaric manner, by completely annihilating the Armenian population. Men, women, and children.

come on man..what barbaric way??? the most barbaric civilization is living now the so called WEST Civilizations.....Van is the most eastly city on my map..and since turks came there,they coonquered the city..this has nothing to do with the armenian,Turks thing...I WONDER WICH city in history has been token by civilized way???i really wonder??what happened in afrika?amerika?? but i dont want any discussion here...this is just an SCENARIO

You people are really scared of the Turks..That has been implented in you..
But that is understandable..We dont care you hate us because we now all deep in you fear us..that it will happen again..just as in the scenario..
But dont worry our time will come again...and play that in the scenario...

if you dont want anything with it..dont read/post/comment and play it..

:lol: That's funny. But you are correct (not about the scared thing). Today's barbarians are some of the Western civilizations. I was just pointing out that at that particular moment of history, The Ottomans under Talaat took the cake for meanness. Inever said they were the most barbaric now, in 2006. I said they were in 1895 and 1915.

axiomtk said:

Come on, no need to get aggressive. Turkey is a pretty western country, and I don't know anyone in continental Europe who is "scared" of it.

Van lies INSIDE the Turkish borders since 1071 AD Manzikert (Malazgirt) pitch battle between the Byzantine Empire and the Turks. Before that, it was the kingdom of Vaspurakan (which probably was a vassal state of the Byzantines - established in the late 800 AD, if this kingdom was Armenian, then shall it be so). History shows that before that date, only Persian writings and memorials were seen for 1500 years, but no city (this means that this area was used as a passage), I will not mention that Van was founded by the Urartu's... not Armenian.

To sum up, ? - 600 BC Urartu
600 BC - 800 AD Nothing (Probable Greek (Alexander), Roman, Persian, Parthian, Armenian, Scythian influence)
800 AD - 1071 AD Vaspurakan (Probable Byzantine influence)
1071 AD - Today Turkish

I do not say that this city is Turkish, I am saying that this city is NOT Armenian either. It is Urartian :)

There are three Vans.

1. Capital of Urartu, city called Tushpa, not Van
2. Nearby, an Assyrian queen Shamiram (Semiramis) founded Shamiramakert, and Armenian city after she accidentally killed her love, the Armenian prince Ara city later named Van
3. 600BC Armenian Orontid dynasty ruled with Persian and subsequently Greek influence
4.180BC Armenian Artaxiad dynasty rules, Armenian Empire established under Tigran, Little Greek influence
5.~10BC-~200AD Roman rule, Armenian population
6.~200AD-350AD Armenian cultural golden age, Armenian alphabet made, first Christian nation, Van is still Armenian
7.350-800foreign rule, heavy resistance to other cultures Van remains Armenian
8. 800-1060 Armenian Bagratuni dynasty Van still Armenian
9. Turkish and other peoples rule
10. 1915 Talaat Pasha orders all Armenians killed, Van falls to Turks, people dead new city built nearby for Turks, also name Van
11. There were three Vans, all of which did not exist when this scenario starts

not to interrupt the age old armenian vs anatoliandebate, but if the scenario begins in 3900 bc, shouldn't the turks begin somewhere NE of the caspians? around the aral or forther east? weren't the turks origionally an uralic peoples that migrates westwards into anatolia out of the NE siberian steppes?

to Drtad:

Perhaps you are right for the first 9. But the 10th never happened, whether you believe or not. You also say that there were 5 million Armenian living in the surrounding of East Anatolia, which were BELIEVED to be annihilated. But nowadays in these modern times where population exceeds its limits, there are no 5 million Turks living there... it is wrong to say there were 5 million Armenian there, nearby the Armenian Nation does not have that much population, funny you guys make a mouse to a camel... perhaps there was a MOUSE, but that is called WAR and some should be sacrificed. Because in those times this area was still under Ottoman/Turkish control and our population was far more than the Armenian. You cannot change the fact that your area was conquered, so accept it or refuse it. The Armenian's refused it and paid their consequences. The Greeks, Bulgarians, Yugoslavians, Albanians, Arabs, Libians, Syrians etc succeeded. So you didn't. This is not called annihilation but civil war between Turks and Ottoman controlled Armenians in those area... Do you know that we called the Armenians "our friends and allies" and gave them very important duties within the country? Well, perhaps you got used to be a vassal state of the christians...

Noone is speaking of the Russian annihilation over the Turks of Azerbaycan, Kazahkstan, Kirgizistan, Tacikistan, Yakutistan, Hazar, Tataristan etc. Because we know that this was also war. Why can you not accept that?..."barbaric way"... hehehe, WAR IS BARBARIC...

I made a calculation. By your saying Van area was under Armenian control (not population) for only 190+150+260= 600 years (excluding Persian, Greek, Roman leadership). Well, ours is 2006-1060= 946 years...(you surely will say that this 600 years is more, than I will say you are a demagog)

Another point: Then we should say that the entire Middle Asia, Hazar is Turkish and should belong to Turkey. IS THAT POSSIBLE? No its not, so shut up...

By the way to Holy One: Do you know that Debrecen (the city you live) is also Turkish? Because the Magyars, Fins and Bulgars are also Turkish, originated from the Turks migrating from middle Asia through the Nothern Caspian and Black Seas? So you cannot be afraid from the Turks, you are one! Cheers!

tahnkout said:
By the way to Holy One: Do you know that Debrecen (the city you live) is also Turkish? Because the Magyars, Fins and Bulgars are also Turkish, originated from the Turks migrating from middle Asia through the Nothern Caspian and Black Seas? So you cannot be afraid from the Turks, you are one! Cheers!
Hahaha! Now that's the funniest thing I read by far! Magyars as Turks! OMG, you cannot be serious!

Magyars are finn-ugric people along with the finns, and estonians. We are originated from the Ural and were influenced by turks, yes, because magyar tribes lived mostly under turk rule up to the Honfoglalás in 896. But we are definitley NOT turks! Check this, should you think otherwise:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_language
Magyars fought similar way like huns and turks. Medieval chronicles does not distingush people by ethnic origin. That poor monk, who could write, read something about people who fought like the current enemy "so they are those". In western chronicles we are referred to as huns as they had a great impact on late-Roman, early-medieval period. In byzantine sources we are huns, bulgars or turks, because they encountered those people before. But that doesn't mean that we are ethnically turks, bulgars etc.!

The name Debrecen could also be of slavic origin, so that's half a point for you at best, but than what? The people living here are Magyars and proud of it (me too). We are famous local patriots since long, we distinguish ourselves from the rest of the country by calling ourselves "civis". This goes back to a long time. For example when Joseph II (1780-90) Habsburgian emperor declared german the official language of the empire, Debrecen was the only free royal town where his decree was not even proclaimed (nor carried out).
Read more about Debrecen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debrecen

I don't have anything to add to the Van-debate, but it's intresting to read the opinions of both sides. I understand, as we have the same going on with the romanians, thanks to that bastard Clemenceau.

Perhaps you are right for the first 9. But the 10th never happened, whether you believe or not. You also say that there were 5 million Armenian living in the surrounding of East Anatolia, which were BELIEVED to be annihilated. But nowadays in these modern times where population exceeds its limits, there are no 5 million Turks living there... it is wrong to say there were 5 million Armenian there, nearby the Armenian Nation does not have that much population, funny you guys make a mouse to a camel... perhaps there was a MOUSE, but that is called WAR and some should be sacrificed. Because in those times this area was still under Ottoman/Turkish control and our population was far more than the Armenian. You cannot change the fact that your area was conquered, so accept it or refuse it. The Armenian's refused it and paid their consequences. The Greeks, Bulgarians, Yugoslavians, Albanians, Arabs, Libians, Syrians etc succeeded. So you didn't. This is not called annihilation but civil war between Turks and Ottoman controlled Armenians in those area... Do you know that we called the Armenians "our friends and allies" and gave them very important duties within the country? Well, perhaps you got used to be a vassal state of the christians...

Noone is speaking of the Russian annihilation over the Turks of Azerbaycan, Kazahkstan, Kirgizistan, Tacikistan, Yakutistan, Hazar, Tataristan etc. Because we know that this was also war. Why can you not accept that?..."barbaric way"... hehehe, WAR IS BARBARIC...

I made a calculation. By your saying Van area was under Armenian control (not population) for only 190+150+260= 600 years (excluding Persian, Greek, Roman leadership). Well, ours is 2006-1060= 946 years...(you surely will say that this 600 years is more, than I will say you are a demagog)

Another point: Then we should say that the entire Middle Asia, Hazar is Turkish and should belong to Turkey. IS THAT POSSIBLE? No its not, so shut up...

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is the funniest thing I have heard all day. Van not originally having an Armenian population?:lol: Debrecen a Turkish city?:lol: Even Hitler knew that the Armenian Genocide happened. See my signature. Any way, there were 2 million Armenians living in Anatolia at the time of the massacres. 1895 Armenian living in Adana were all killed by Sultan Hamid II (the Bloody Sultan). Talaat Pasha wanted all of them dead.. Anyway I do not have time for any more nonsense. By the way, 1.5 million were killed in Genocide, most Armenians did not have time to run away, todays Armenia is mostly made up of the Eastern Armenians.

To Holy One: Those are what the russian want you to believe, thanx to Stalin. I will not say any more to you cause it is meaningless.

To Drtad: I did not say that Van had not armenian population. I said that it was assimilated year by year. What you wrote are serious accusations to our people and proved to be wrong. "Even" Hitler? You must be joking right, giving hitler as reference. Believe what you want, there were no more than 500.000 armenians in that area, and there are still over 250.000 nowadays. The rest of them migrated to Armenia. Say to me: What now are the Armenian's attacking Azerbaycan? So I can call it too Annihilation. You people cannot even imagine what the Turks had done to the world. you have no idea that Islam forbid genocide. You are just like a Crusader...

One other thing. They were a part of the Ottoman people. After all that years they lived peacefully. Then what happened? You people just had to make thing worse right? So civil war broke out. That's all. Consider it as a civil war not as genocide.

tahnkout said:
To Holy One: Those are what the russian want you to believe, thanx to Stalin. I will not say any more to you cause it is meaningless.
Yes, probably that's why "connections between the Ugric and Finnic languages were noticed in the 1670s and established, along with the entire Uralic family." Just in case you weren't paying attention to the link I gave you. Even Nietsche said (in free translation): "Magyars will be lost in the sea of slavs, because they have no roots." After this, researches started like hell to find our origins. And that was the 19th century. Stalin weren't that old.;)

Oooooh, nothing like a good old-fashioned Armenian Genocide discussion to plague the forums of a strategy game. Before I get into the thick of things, I think I ought to make it clear that neither side will concede a thing. No Turk, at least not one who adheres to the Kemalist principle of Nationalism (Ulusçuluk), will bow down to what he/she sees as an attempt to compromise the borders of the Turkish Republic established in the Treaty of Lausanne. No Armenian, at least not one living outside the relevant part of the world, will forget what he/she sees as a barbaric blow to the Armenian race. Therefore, I'm essentially admitting that a continuation of this discussion (which I'll take part in) will be entirely futile and will achieve nothing but rage, hurt and confusion if you're not familiar with the subject.

The matter of whether Van can be claimed by the Turks (wow, I'm talking about something directly pertinent to the Scenario - maybe this isn't entirely off-topic) is an interesting one. A Turk would say if an Armenian can lay claim to Van, then a Turk can lay claim to much of Eastern Europe, most of the Middle-East and a fair chunk of North Africa. It certainly doesn't help that the Scenario starts in 3900BC, since this gives us no historical point when we can say who was ruling Van at the time. Since the final decision is up to the creator of the Scenario, what the rest of us think is really quite irrelevant. If he wants it to stay as Turkish it will stay as Turkish - if you don't like it, use WorldBuilder.

Onto the 'Armenian Question'...Historians arguing that a genocide happened cite the high death-toll (the figure mentioned here, 1.5 million deaths, is amongst the highest estimates made by any historian, the number is probably closer to 500,000 - whatever the figure presented by someone, including my own, you can be sure it's merely an estimate), Western observers' recordings (journalists and diplomats) and anecdotal evidence from displaced Armenians. Then, of course, there's the matter of displacement - many Armenians were forced to leave their homes and were 'resettled' in Syria.

Historians arguing against the definition of 'Genocide' often explain that the death-toll was merely a combination of famine (due to war-time shortages in a remote part of the Empire), the killing of terrorist/insurgent groups (various Armenian Nationalist groups were rebelling against Ottoman rule) and the inflation of estimates by those with alterior motives (to demonise the Ottomans and Muslims or to 'make a camel of a mouse'); that the Western observers were coming up with racist propaganda (Muslim Ottomans presented as evil, corrupt and vicious Easterners attacking the poor, helpless, (and importantly) Christian Armenians - inspiring hatred of the enemy and invoking a sense of moral duty); that the anecdotal evidence provided is unreliable exaggeration. The matter of displacement is explained as the Ottoman administration's 'evacuation' of the Armenian populace from an area under threat from the Russians.

The first group of historians argue that denial of the Armenian Genocide is merely revisionist history, employed by Turks to deny their guilt - the second group of historians maintain that any genocide claims are engendered by racism, Islamophobia and Armenian aims of building a 'Greater Armenia'.

Although this discussion is typically represented as Armenians vs Turks - both sides attract historians outside these ethnic descriptions; notably Ragıp Zarakolu, Ali Ertem, Taner Akçam, Halil Berktay, Fatma Müge Göcek and Dr. Fikret Adanır - are all Turkish intellectuals who belong to the 'Armenian' side. On ther hand there are many non-Turks who dispute the claims of a genocide; notably Bernard Lewis (Princeton University), Heath Lowry (Princeton University), Justin McCarthy (University of Louisville), Gilles Veinstein (College de France),Stanford Shaw (UCLA, Bilkent University), J.C. Hurewitz (Columbia University), Guenter Lewy (University of Massachusetts), Roderic Davison (Central European University), and Rhoads Murphey (University of Birmingham).

As is apparent this is a matter of ongoing historical debate - I have tried to present both views in an unbiased manner. I personally believe the events in the region during the 10s and 20s did not constitute genocide. However I agree that what happened was a terrible thing, causing great pain to both Armenians and Turks. Turkey's borders should (and will, if the army has anything to say about it) remain the same as those established in the Treaty of Lausanne. The 19th and 20th Centuries were bloody centuries for the subjects of the Sultan - across the Balkans, the Middle-East and Anatolia millions of Christians, Muslims and Jews died in decades of civil unrest and famine. Nationalism tore apart the Ottoman Empire, the nation-states established on the foundations of that Empire should learn to live together in peace and harmony in a world of co-operation - if we do so nobody, whether Muslim, Christian or Jew, will have to go through the pain our ancestors did.

--------------------

The mainstream view is that the Magyars have Finno-Ugric roots (based on the language), although there are also theories that they have Turkic, Hun, Scythian, Avar or Sumerian roots. Check out the following link for confirmation of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyars#Ethnic_affiliations_and_origins_of_the_Hungarian_people

I guess tahnkout's argument is that Hungarians prefer the Finno-Ugric explanation since it indicates relatively Western heritage, in line with the country's high proportion of Christianity. On the other hand, the linguistic influence of the Finno-Ugric Languages on the Hungarian Language is undeniable - although this is often explained away as the assimilation of an original Hungarian language with Altaic roots into a new Finno-Ugric language, as a result of heavy cultural influences. Both theories are in no way concrete - especially since the evidence is far from conclusive.

An addition to Ceritoglu:

“The Armenian issue, which aims at meeting the economic interests of the capitalist world rather than bearing in mind the veritable interests of the Armenians themselves was best resolved with the Kars Agreement. The friendly ties between two industrious people coexisting peacefully for centuries have been satisfactorily established anew.”

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

There is only one thing that I can't understand...
In Turkey we like Armenians, but in Armenia everyone hates Turkey:D You don't need to love us but you need to atl east respect us cuz for more than 300 years under the Ottoman power you lived without any stress. When Turks were fighting in AFrica or in Europe you were sitting in your houses and planting tomatoes to your gardens. Ottomans even prepared laws to protect minorities including Armenians.... So what do you want more? It could be a massacre but not genocide. Armenians clashed with Turks and there were lossses for all sides. IN war time there can be situtations like that but then you founded a country full of hate which has only purpose : Destroying Turkey

Top Bottom