Our Government!

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
This is the way I think we should work things.

For every 4 citizens, we have a constituency. Every citizen will be randomly put into a constituenct which they cannot leave. If they leave the DG, any new citizen will take their place.

Governmental postitions.

MP= Member of Parliment

President - Our head of state! Is the DP!

Prime Minister
-Appoints Minister of FA(Must be an MP)
-Appoints Minister of Defence(Must be an MP)
-Appoints Minister of the Interieur(Must be an MP)

Member of Parliment

Govenors
-In charge of build queues.

Judiciary
-Prosecuteur
-Public Defender
-Judge

Any person may run for MP and in any constituency. But you may not run in more than one constituency. After the election of MP's, they all get toghther and can self nominate or nominate others to be Prime Minister. Then all the MP's vote for their chose of Prime Minister. The Prime Minister then appoints all the Ministers that compose the cabinet.

The Judiary elections are for the whole nation and take place at the same time as the elections for MP.

The whole nation votes on govenors.

You may not hold more than one office unless we are short.

Every contituency votes for their choice of MP. They dont have to vote as a block, but that MP is their representation in Parliment. You do not have to run in you constituency.

The parliment votes on policy and everything. Citizens can voice their input, but the only people with votes that are official are MPs.

MP's are encouraged to listen to the their constituency of they wouldn't get re-elected!

How to Become an MP 101!

1.Pick you riding or constituency.
2.Nominate yourself or get someone to nominate you.
3. Let the election happen

How to become a Govenor

1.Pick your province
2.Nominate yourself or get someone to nominate you.
3.Let the election happen.

What do you think?

Its not. Constituency is what we use in Canada. Its an area. For example their are 4 in PEI. So PEI has 4 MP's. Get it?

Nope. Alot smaller. There are 303 constituencies in Canada. That means 303 MP's. There are responsible for an area or community. In cities, they are small and out in the country they are big.

Read the post. Its explained. I need citizend input. Does anything need to be changed?

Sounds good to me...

Sounds good :). Although I am more comfortable having an Electon for Minister of FA, Defence, and Interieur

@Goonie: How does one become a MP :)

I say we use our COL as a model, I am just not comfortable with no elections for FA, Domestic, Military or whatever.

It is more realistic this way! A good PM will pick a strong cabinet!
They are elected!
They are elected to Parliment!
I think this is a more intresting type of government!

Responsibilties of an MP.

Vote on all policy issues and laws brought forth to the House of Commons. Dont neglect you constituency.

Prime Minister

Is an MP. Dont neglect your duties as MP. You are the head of the Cabinet. Appoint all necessary Ministers.

Minister of Defence

Bring forth to the Parliment Defence policy. Bring forth Attack and Defence plans!

Minister of the Interieur

Bring forth Domestic issues to the Parliment.

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Talk to the other teams. Declare War, Make peace. You are our outside connection to the other teams. Bring forth all Foreign affairs issues to the parliment

Minister of Trade

Make trade deals. Give your deals to the FA to show the other teams. Bring forth all trade issues to parliment.

All Ministers are MP's!

Govenors

Same as we do it in the other DG. Parliment can oust any Queues.

Judiciary is only there to prosecute spyers. :shifteyes:

If anyone doesn't get something, please ask me.

Benefits of this system

The Decisions lay in an elected Parliments hands.

We will not have random people voting.

A good Prime Minister will bring a good government with him.

This rewards veteran MP's with chances at being Ministers.

Once the game starts. We dont even have provinces yet :)!

Personally I'd prefer a more direct democracy, rather than a parliamentary one. :)

Me too Ek, a direct democracy with the same leaders we have now.

Side note: Our Lower house (the one Goonie is referring to) is the same as the American congress.

Top Bottom