out of range...

assassing7

Chieftain
first of all hi there!i am a new member of the forum and i hope you can help a newb like me :)

i made a stupid mistake.when i was at the options menu i raised the resolution more than my graphics card could play the game(the graphics card i had before had a problem and with no money to replace it bought a cheap one).Now everytime i try to enter the game,the screen goes black and there is a message saying out of range.the only way to get access to my pc is restart.hope u can help me

PS:The game is 100% legal

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Try this to fix your problem:

Open the file GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini in Notepad, or GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini if you use DirectX9. (The default location of these files is C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5.) Locate the entries WindowResX and WindowResY. Change them to some supported resolution (X = 1024 and Y = 768 should work on most systems) and save the file. Civ5 now should start in the resolution that you entered. If you wish, you can then change the resolution to something else in the Video options.

Please post again if you need more advice.

HTH

I did what u said.I went to the civ 5 location and i found both a GraphicsSettingsDX9 and a GraphicsSettingsDX11.so at the first screen i choosed to run the game with dierctx11 and it worked!!!:):)

But before that i tryed your advice and it didnt work...

anyway now i am playing the game just fine :D

Top Bottom