Out of the Rubble I – The Byzantine Empire

Amenhotep7 said:
@MSTK

Great story, once again!:goodjob:

Now, I must ask, what are the world parameters for this story?

Thank you for your compliments :worship:

The parameters are all default and mid-way, as said in the first post. Even if I am not Seafaring I like continents better for some strange reason.

So, 70% Water Continents with a Mild climate, 40bill years old and average temperature.

The best part about finishing this chapter is that I can finally play the game again!

Losses, good! Everyone likes losses! You can't have a story without it! Even Daftpanzer is hinting that the Celtice Peacekeepers will suffer losses! If you didn't have losses, we'd start to think you were cheating!
Smilies! :mischief: :( :cool: :scan: :nuke: :goodjob: :king:

Yes! Everything is the swords fault! But you still need a guy who's name sounds like Frodo to throw it into a volcano..Or, if you can't find one, just throw it into the ocean....or a lake....or give it to me........ :D
Smilies! :mischief: :cool: :blush: :scan: :xmas: :nya:

CHAPTER ELEVEN: The Invasion of China
Excerpts from Unexplained History, published by Doughton Muffin

The Sword of Danier
“Danier’s Bane”, it was called by many. This sword was said to have caused the military defeat of so many great leaders. The Varna Ambush in the First Melian Wars first used it to equip the first elite core of Swordsmen that had never before been seen on Melian. The force was so great and huge that it could have taken half of Korea. The odds of it being defeated by a single archer were slim, to say the least.
The next time it was wielded was by Danier Elsar of the Danier Legacy in the Second Melian Wars. The Seige of Delhi lost its great leader, and the steward Ralse Reinad turned things upside-down. Ralse’s son, Borand Reinad, also fell in the Attack on Kolhapur. His next son, Farand Reinad, also attacked Kolhapur with the Sword. While his army won the battle, he fell.

Such a chain of events prompt the burial of the Sword of Danier, the first sword wrought of iron. It was sent underground with Farand Reinad. But today, it was not there. Instead, graverobbers took it. In a chain of events, the sword wound up once again in the hands of the Dromon. This lead it into what was its greatest expedition in history.

The Dromon was the nickname of the captain of a fleet of Dromons, as you might know from other historical periodicals. Soon after the successful annihilation of India, Empress Theodora, now Consul of the Republic of Byzatnine, set her sights on Myein, the island off the east coast of what was previously India. Myein was inhabited by the Chinese, who practiced ancestor worship. Their island harbored the only Volcano known to Melian.

The success of the India Campaign brought the people to improve the Byzantine Palace much more.

The new palace

Immediately, due to the gracious support, Theodora and her Military Advisor devised a plan to attack China. They needed at least one port on Myein. Yet, they sent an army that could conquer the entire country.

The plan was simple – to establish a port north of the ruins of Calcutta, where China was the closest. Dromons would ferry the Medieval Infantry four at a time towards China, until they had amassed their entire army there. Then, a linear path would take them clockwise around Myein. The plan was flawless…or so it seemed.

The pilgrimage to the Myein Docks made by the Medieval Infantry and Catapults. Notice the Korean Migration south. To this day, the reason has not been figured out yet, as no settlers were found in the groups.

One more step was made to insure the success – a Right of Passage was formed with China. Theodora could horde a huge army within their borders. And when the Right of Passage was scheduled to cease, they would cancel peacefully without a reputation hit. By that time, they would have already amassed the great army.

Right of passage with the Chinese

But Danier’s Bane had different intentions.

Captain Dromon of the Dromon bought the sword from the Grave robbers, not knowing what it was. A Swordsmen caught it, as one of the few Swordsmen remaining in the army. It was brought to Myein. The result went down in history.

A note recovered from the desk of Theodora alerting her of war.

War! The Gods of China signaled them to create war!

The victor seemed obvious…Eight units on a mountaintop against a Horsemen and inferior Swordsmen.

China broke the Right of Passage! They immediately attacked the Sword of Danier. And what was supposed to be overwhelming odds did not daunt the Gods of China. The great army, using a Mountaintop as defense, fell to Horsemen and the inferior Swordsmen. The sword lay where it fell.

Was the defeat the supernatural fault of the Sword of Danier? Was it combined with the Gods of China?

Theodora settles a deal with Carthage to attack China.

Immediately Carthage and Byzantium settled to attack China together.

But one by one…

Attacks fell.

Nothing could stop China!

In the journals of the commanders, they all shared one thing in common – before being completely obliterated without any casualties to the Chinese, they found a shining, metal sword buried in the mountain side, glimmering yet stained with blood.

The Chinese never once lost a battle, after six recorded large drop-offs of Medieval Infantry were dropped on the shore. Some say there were as many as eight of these drop-offs.

Eventually, Theodora made peace. But it was definitely a frustrating turn. The Chinese had nothing at all to offer! Theodora waited fifty years for China to gain anything…[/i]something[/i]. But China never did. So finally, on her deathbed, she declared peace.

China is dirt poor.

The Sword of Danier lay in the mountains of Myein, out of reach from Byzantine now. The Palace was expanded.

The Palace was improved.

Carthage is now at war with China, but Byzantine backed out.

The Myein Wars, at its end.

And so, the choice is yours. Was the sword really cursed?

RNG* gives some bad breaks, doesn't it?

Kinda nasty that the Arabs and Chinese share a civ color on that graph... :rolleyes:

It's only a failed invasion though, not a critical failure. I'm sure you'll make it up. :goodjob:

* Edited

Symphony D. said:
RGN gives some bad breaks, doesn't it?

Kinda nasty that the Arabs and Chinese share a civ color on that graph... :rolleyes:

It's only a failed invasion though, not a critical failure. I'm sure you'll make it up. :goodjob:

Oh, and I kind of exaggerated about the China-never-losing thing. They lost about 3 Swordsmen and 1 Horseman.

:wow:
*Recovers From Shock*
Well, now that the sword is on enemy territory, invade them again! by now some Chinese guy will have found the sword! The sword shall curse the Chinese! Unless it only works on Byzantines..... :hmm:
And instead of smilies, I give you this for your great story: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

A good story but.... wow, you really got reemed by the RNG! I mean, i looks like you're head and shoulders above the Chinese in tech while they're back in the stone age, yet they still got the better of you. :eek:

Better luck in future installments.

Top Bottom