1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

outer space

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario Creation' started by chieflookout, May 16, 2008.

1. chieflookout

chieflookout Chieftain

I was trying to download and use the outer space mod pack. I downloaded it onto my hard drive, made a copy of the entire Civ II directory, overwrote the directory with the modpack, and then tried to make the game.txt and menu.txt files match the original. Then when I went to play the outer space version (the one that is here on civ fanatics) it said it had encountered a problem and needed to close. It could be that I didn't make the .txt files match perfectly, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm kinda new to mods and such. I'm using Civ II Multiplayer Gold with the latest patch, and I'm pretty sure the Outer Space mod is just a little outta date, but I'd like to play it.

2. CivPartisan

CivPartisan King

What version of civ are you using? If you are using MGE, I think there is a starter scenario so that all you have to do is copy the entire archive to a folder named "outerspc" in the scenario directory/folder. This would also work for Fantastic Worlds, but I think there is a note in the readme file that says that the labels.txt file is not compatible with Fantastic Worlds...so delete that file...

The game.txt file should work for all versions...the menu.txt file will only work with original civ or CiC....

I'm not sure, I'll have to check the readme file again...

I can give you more info as soon as answer...

Best regards,

CivPartisan